Subject: Perry Miniatures rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sebastian Janich
Germany
D├╝sseldorf
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently stumbled upon miniatures from Perry miniatures (Napoleon and ACW 28mm). Since there are already certain bases contained within the boxed sets I wonder if there is a particular gaming system connected.
Or any other ideas, for a good 28mm skirmishing system?

regards
r

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete C
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Sharpe Practice by Too Fat Lardies. Good Napoleonic skirmish rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Roberts

Unspecified
msg tools
What Pete said. Sharp Practice and the Perry plastics could have been made for each other. Take a look at the Victrix plastics as well as they are very compatible with the Perry stuff.

Sharp Practice also works for ACW with very little modification, in fact I have only used it for ACW so far.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola Ciabatti
Italy
Firenze
Tuscany
flag msg tools
badge
Clipped avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
There's also Song of Drums and Shakos, that is a quick and easy skirmish game, which requires just a few miniatures
Bye.

Nick

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Holmes
United Kingdom
Shipley
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
badinfo wrote:
Take a look at the Victrix plastics as well as they are very compatible with the Perry stuff.

The Victrix Napoleonic figures also contain a set of fairly simple rules.

28mm plastic figures are the new growth area in wargaming circles. Companies like Victrix, Perry and Wargames Factory are starting to publish and plan lots of new stuff. Wargames factory currently do Roman, Boer war and Zombies! Victrix are concentrating on expanding their Napoleonic range. The Perry's will be doing more Napoleonic (French Dragoons next) and 100 Years War Men-at-Arms and archers.

Mark

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Janich
Germany
D├╝sseldorf
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your feedback.

I read about Sharpe Practice and Black Powder Battles. Any recommendations concerning these two skirmishing rule sets? Any Idea where to get them in Germany (As a hardcopy)?

I understood that the perry miniatures were designed to show a complete battalion (1:20 ratio) with 6 minis on a base as a company.
Does anybody now if there are any rulesets concerning this scale?

regards
r

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.