Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brad Ames
United States
Woburn
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love Blood Bowl and it's colorful background material. What I don't love about it is the rulebook. It's just not organized well at all. Sure, all the rules are there and they make sense, but it's more of a matter of actually parsing those rules from the background material.

It's a relatively minor annoyance that could be corrected quite easily by adding an index and highlighting the actual rule so that it stands out from the background material.

Is there a way to contact anyone at Games Workshop with comments and suggestions for Blood Bowl. I would love to see at least an index in the next edition of the rules.

It would make it far easier to look up a simple question during a game (like say what constitutes a turnover - they are mentioned all over the rulebook but the table of contents only mentions one section that doesn't even mention every instance of when a turnover would occur).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cadrian
United States
Berkeley
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a better version (IMHO) of the LRB available here:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/30875
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler McLaughlin
Canada
Medicine Hat
Alberta
flag msg tools
Talk
badge
Words
mbmbmbmbmb
I second that emotion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gert Corthout
Belgium
Lille
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules designer is active on this board. I think he goes by the nick of GalakStarscraper on this board (could be just Galak though).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Stewart
United States
Owego
NY
flag msg tools
designer
www.drunkassgames.com
badge
!!!NERD ALERT!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the rulebook. Its big, but very clear. You just have to give it the time it deserves...

-glam

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Ames
United States
Woburn
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've given the rulebook plenty of time.

Like I said before, the rules are in there and accounted for, but are more often than not hard to find due to all of the background info spread liberally throughout the rulebook.

I would love it if they split the rulebook into two sections: the rules of the game and background of the setting. At the very least even a basic index would help just so I can easily look up a rule instead of thumbing through the rulebook and reading multiple paragraphs of mainly background material just so I can fined the one sentence that explains the rule.

Again, it's a great game, but the rulebook is too muddled.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.