United States
Lake Oswego
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey everyone,

I have a question about a specific situation with Ford's extra factory build. I understand that you can't build anywhere that you don't already have a factory. I understand that Ford will also let me build 3 factories in one space as an action. If I have selected Ford and choose the build factory action, can I build 2 factories in a new space and build a factory in a different space that I already have a factory in? Or can I only build the third factory in the space where I'm building the other two? Using Ford, would it be possible to build factories in two different spaces?

Thanks.

Noah
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Einmal ist keinmal
United States
Andover
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
You'll Never Walk Alone
mbmbmbmbmb
Noah Kolman wrote:
If I have selected Ford and choose the build factory action, can I build 2 factories in a new space and build a factory in a different space that I already have a factory in?

This is correct.

Quote:
Using Ford, would it be possible to build factories in two different spaces?

yes.

Keep in mind, you can build this extra factory during any action. It doesn't have to be a Build Factory action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Jackson
United States
Mather
California
flag msg tools
OK, one time Randy Beaman had to take baths with his brother. So one time his little brother took a potty in the bathtub .....and now Randy Beaman gets to take showers alone. 'K, bye.
badge
One time, OK, see, one time Randy Beaman's little brother ate Pop Rocks and drank a soda at the same time and his head exploded! 'K, bye.
mbmbmbmbmb
You have 6 options when you can use the Ford token:

1) Use Ford BEFORE action 1
2) Use Ford AFTER action 1
3) Use Ford BEFORE action 2
4) Use Ford AFTER action 2
5) Use Ford BEFORE action 3
6) Use Ford AFTER action 3

The Ford ability allows you to build a factory (or parts factory) anywhere you already have a factory.

Noah Kolman wrote:
If I have selected Ford and choose the build factory action, can I build 2 factories in a new space and build a factory in a different space that I already have a factory in?

Yes - this would be utilizing options 2, 4, or 6 above.

Noah Kolman wrote:
Or can I only build the third factory in the space where I'm building the other two?

No - you MAY build a third in the same model space, but not required.

I hope this clarifies the ability.

EDIT - Patrick beat me to the punch, but is also correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noah Kolman
United States
Lake Oswego
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys,

Thanks! Yeah, it was pretty clear how to use it in a non-build factory action, but the question came up last night, and I couldn't find a specific ruling either way. The rules suggested you could, but it always talked about the 3 in space move. We played it right, so no harm done!

Noah
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
SoRCon 11 23-25 Feb 2018 Basildon UK http://www.sorcon.co.uk
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In rules terms, I think it's best to just completely separate Ford's action from the normal building factories action. Don't consider questions like "if I do a normal factory build and Ford's action ... ?". Just consider the simple matter that at any time (when it's your turn in the actions phase) you can hand back the gold cylinder, add a factory somewhere you already are (subject to the three factories and a parts factory limit) and pay the cash. That's it.

Of course lumping the two together may make it easier to think about your turn. But get the rule (separate points) right first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.