Subject: Draw hexes rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rick Yarto
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
Raining down board gaming fun since 1985!
badge
Play DVG's Field Commander Nimitz!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for checking BGG, John (and Chris) - I feel I'm the only one with questions here! I see lots more activity on CSW however, but so far, I have this site to myself!

Verify if this correct:

Draw E-3 includes 8 hexes (including those with w/ forest cover).
Draw E-1 includes 6 hexes.
Draw D-3 includes 6 hexes.
Draw D-1 only includes 2 hexes. That +5VP here is making the difference!

It's Turn 14 and although the 1st Div. is one Infantry unit away from a Cast. Loss, I have the required VP's to continue the fight. I'm hanging on by a thread...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Butterfield
United States
Fremont
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Yes Rick, your counts are correct.

Keep in mind that to control a draw for VP purposes you need to have its hexes in control of US units AND it has to be free of German fire, meaning in the case of D-1, that WN71, WN72N, WN72S, and reinforcement positions 0830 and 0732 would have to be free of German units.

Good Luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Yarto
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
Raining down board gaming fun since 1985!
badge
Play DVG's Field Commander Nimitz!
mbmbmbmbmb
...AND FREE OF GERMAN FIRE!!soblue

I avoided the Cast. Loss in both division by the end of Turn 16 but what I thought was going to be a 16 VP situation quickly evaporated to a 7 VP reality...a decisive US defeat.cry

I didn't account for that part of the requirement for control purposes; even hexes with US occupation but with a single sporadic dot from a nearby reinforcement position kept me from attaining these elusive VPs. A disrupted WN position with one lousy unit kept me from Draw D-1...argh!!

BUT - I have learned so much about the mechanics and tactice this game has to offer that I wasted no time clearing the plexi-glass board for another shot. Let's see what happens now...with the knowledge of what NOT to do!

Thanks for hours (days!) of enjoyment!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.