Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Thornsen
United States
Nottingham
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
This wasn't quite clear from the English translation.

Quote:
Basilica: The Brutii player can try to fulfill the Favor of
the Emperor requirements, provided that he played the Favor
of the Emperor action card and that no other player
claims the face-up tile ahead of him.
Capitoleum: The Brutii player can choose an official tile
that no other player chose this round, including one that
a player owns from a previous round, provided that he
played the Official action card.

The phrase ahead of him confuses me. If the Brutti player is not always last, how do you determine his turn position when resolving the Emperor's Favor tile and the Official Tiles?

If nobody controls the Legates, is the cost of a Legion 0?

Does the Brutti player always use all 6 Action Discs each round, even in a 6-player game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Adams
Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
A fan of new Knizia games
mbmbmbmbmb
In the Basilica, I read that the Brutii player gets the last chance at the Favor tile (think of him as occupying his on "3." space there). If player 1. or 2. gets it, the Brutii misses out.

I would also read that the Brutii gets to act last at the Capitoleum.

The Legates question is a good one - I assume if noone controls the Legates, that card is useless to the Brutii.

Yep, six action discs each round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Richardson
United States
La Crescenta
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I've got to question 2 of your clarifications:

On Brutii player turn order.

The rules state "If the Brutii player gains the proconsul piece, he is able to place it as a follower, following the rules governing the placement of followers and the proconsul rules found in the base game."

There is no phantom space. The rules are referring to somebody being on the 1. space and beating the Brutii player to the card or meeting the requirements.

About using 6 discs each "Brutii Turn".

The rules state "In all three cases, the Brutii player places the revealed disk to one side of his play area, faceup. He may not draw that disk again for the remainder of the phase."

So the Brutii player gets several turns during phase 2. Each turn he should be using one less disk randomly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.