Popular Tags: [View All]
.308 Jake
Canada
Hamilton
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm about to try this game again. Is there a difference between physical & magical weapons?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Berry
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mb
The only real difference is when you're fighting monsters that are physically or magically resistant or immune. Magic weapons don't work against creatures that are magically immune and only provide half their bonus (rounded up) against creatures that are magically resistant. Similarly, physical weapons don't work against creatures that are physically immune and only provide half their bonus (rounded up) against creatures that are physically resistant.

Against anything else, they're treated the same way.

*Note - Weapons that have a special side effect, like the Bullwhip or the Shotgun, can use their side effect despite a creature being physically resistant or immune. They just can't add their combat bonus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
.308 Jake
Canada
Hamilton
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Magatone wrote:
*Note - Weapons that have a special side effect, like the Bullwhip or the Shotgun, can use their side effect despite a creature being physically resistant or immune. They just can't add their combat bonus.

And the Shotgun giving 2 successes on Phys. Immune is just shake . Ditto for the magical Shotgun effect from KiY vs Mag. Immune.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Berry
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I totally agree Dam, and we never use that rule in my group. I felt obligated to throw it out there though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Anderson
United States
Moorhead
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Magatone wrote:
I totally agree Dam, and we never use that rule in my group. I felt obligated to throw it out there though.
You don't let shotguns get 2 hits per 6 rolled? Wouldn't that drop it from one of the best weapons in the game to one of the worst? Two-handed +4? No thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
puck71 wrote:
Magatone wrote:
You don't let shotguns get 2 hits per 6 rolled? Wouldn't that drop it from one of the best weapons in the game to one of the worst? Two-handed +4? No thanks.

I think he means against Physically Immune monsters is when he doesn't allow it.

Thematically, it makes little sense that you can do two barrels worth of damage to something without the gun actually doing the damage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Anderson
United States
Moorhead
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah that makes more sense. I would agree with that house rule.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.