Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ray Diebel
United States
Phildelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Okay...
I don't have my original rules on hand...and so I'll state my perspective, then ask my question...and hopefully someone will chime in with whatthey believe to be the OFFICIAL rule.

I see the game as being played in ROUNDS...where each round involves all players spending a total of 4 ACTION cards for a total of 14 actions (2+3+4+5 = 14).

Therefore, a ROUND is made up of 4 TURNS, with a turn being each player spending one action card (ie; in a 4-player game, a turn would last as long as 4 players each playing one of their action cards). 4 TURNS add up to 1 ROUND.

That's my baseline....
So now here's my question(s):

A wounded character cannot be attacked in the same (Circle one - TURN or ROUND)?

If you said ROUND...that's simple to interpret. If you say TURN, however, does that mean he can not be attacked for the rest of the attacking player's card, OR all other players finish this particular game turn?

This is important, since in a 4-player game...I could wound somebody leaving another player capable to attack immediately thereafter and steal my VP!

My friend and I resolved to play this rule as a ROUND...but this this often leaves guys lingering for a long time (3 more rounds of card play) to kill of their quarry!

Please provide interpretation and commentary!

Thanks,
Ray

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff H
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
U.S. 95th Infantry Division - The Iron Men of Metz
mbmbmbmbmb
waitsfan wrote:

A wounded character cannot be attacked in the same (Circle one - TURN or ROUND)?

If you said ROUND...that's simple to interpret. If you say TURN, however, does that mean he can not be attacked for the rest of the attacking player's card, OR all other players finish this particular game turn?

This is important, since in a 4-player game...I could wound somebody leaving another player capable to attack immediately thereafter and steal my VP!

A wounded character cannot be attacked in the same TURN, according to the rules. Therefore, you are correct that in a 4 person game, a character could be eliminated pretty quickly thus giving VPs to another player.

It's all part of the chaos of the 4 player game! devil

As far as I can tell, there is no "ROUND" according to the rules in the base game. So the official answer is TURN.

Geoff
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Devan Mellott
United States
Oregon City
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's the quote from the rulebook:

"A wounded character may be killed before the next turn of its controlling player. For example, if a character belonging to player 3 is wounded during player 1's turn, it may be killed during player 2's turn - that is, before player 3 has a chance to heal or regenerate it."

Harsh, but true.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Franklin
United States
Milton
Washington
flag msg tools
He sees you when you're sleeping; he knows when you're awake ...
badge
He knows if you've been bad or good.
mbmbmbmbmb
Please consider this an official ruling:

A Turn begins when an Action Card is played and ends when the next Action Card is played.

A Round begins when the first player plays an Action Card and ends when that same player plays their next Action Card.

An Action Card Cycle begins when a player has four Action Cards in hand and plays one. It ends when that same player picks their Action Cards back up.

A Complete Cycle begins when the first player has four Action Cards in hand and plays one. It ends when that same player has four Action Cards in hand and plays one.

Off the top of my head, I can't think of anything in the game currently triggered by Cycles or Rounds, but there are a lot of critical game elements that are based on Turns (the ability to attack Wounded Characters, for example).

Eric
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Franklin
United States
Milton
Washington
flag msg tools
He sees you when you're sleeping; he knows when you're awake ...
badge
He knows if you've been bad or good.
mbmbmbmbmb
waitsfan wrote:

TURN. Otherwise, Trolls would be even harder to kill than they already are.

Eric
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Diebel
United States
Phildelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Thank you all. Official rule quote above says it all! Appreciate that highlight. I didn't think to look in the 3/4 player rules....

Game on!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.