Subject: Pittsburgh Game Stores? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Uncle Bouncy
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in Pittsburgh tonight...can anyone recommend any game stores in town?

thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe F.
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gamemasters on Babcock Blvd in the North Hills has a decent selection although a bit pricy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Uncle Bouncy
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool

Thank you very much

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
More info on Gamemasters:

Game Masters
3439 Babcock Blvd
Pittsburgh, PA 15237
Phone: (412) 367-4414

Excellent store - owner Phil is a great guy. Prices are generally MSRP, but Phil does give discounts on large orders. In-store selection is pretty good, especially for Euros and AT, and some wargames and card games. Also quite a bit of RPG stuff and models.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Brock
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's also Legions, which is also in the North Hills, about half a mile from Phil's place. It focuses on miniatures, but still has plenty of room for shelves of board games, books, and I don't know what else. I have no idea what you can expect price-wise, deal-wise, or so on.

Legions Hobbies and Games
1130 Perry Highway
Pines Plaza Shopping Center
Pittsburgh, PA 15237

p: 412.366.3725

info@legionsgames.com

Possibly the best-known store in town is the Phantom of the Attic, in Oakland, which covers just about all gaming genres. Again, I don't know how prices compare. I'm also a little unclear on their recent move, so maybe someone else can tell you the current address.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrés Santiago Pérez-Bergquist
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jwb3 wrote:
Possibly the best-known store in town is the Phantom of the Attic, in Oakland, which covers just about all gaming genres. Again, I don't know how prices compare. I'm also a little unclear on their recent move, so maybe someone else can tell you the current address.

Phantom sells most things for list price, but has friendly staff, good selection, and a wide variety of used RPGs at anywhere from modest discounts down to $1 each. I used to visit them weekly when I was there. (This is the Phantom of the Attic between Carnegie Mellon and Pitt; there's some others in outlying areas that are the result of a local chain having broken up ages ago, and they're completely unrelated.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
my eye
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's also Games Unlimited in Squirrel Hill:

2115 Murray Ave.
Pittsburgh, PA 15217
(412) 421-8807

Shop is the size of a closet, but wall-to-wall games. Been a while since I was there, but staff was very knowledgeable.

Phil at Game Masters keeps a very good and up-to-date stock of games. Good conversation and the place usually has a friendly game or two going on. (Very likely to meet a fellow BGGer there, including some of the folks who responded above.)

Legions has huge space, but its mostly war gaming. Good, but limited selection of current games. 10% discount (with a free membership card) if I remember correctly. If minis is your thing, they have a great selection and huge tables. (The owner is a recognized and awarded minis painter.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.