WA
flag msg tools
designer
48 hour turnaround time for Prototypes!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Galaxy's Edge Session

I played another game of this lately.
One one side, there were multiple planets that were lower in value, including lots of "1s". I decided to try for that side, going for loyalty of the Cystaloids.
On the other side lots of high valued planets were sitting. The other 3 players sat over there. As the game unfolded, there were a surprising number of bases on the high valued side, while on my side, there were mostly colonies.

For the first half of the game I got no event cards. This really sucked for me. I was taking lots of sectors. As you can only take 1 planet a turn, it doesn't let one player "run away" with the win. But bases can take planets as well, and as soon as one person started getting them, the rest had to follow to protect their own investments.
J's ship got teleported to the other end of the galaxy and he couldn't build any bases for a few turns. The end of the game closed in fast, with Z building lots of bases and the other 2 scrambling for more colonies.

We counted up scores at the end:
A: 77 (33 bonus, 44 colonies)
J: 35 (35 colonies)
Z: 101 (25 bonus, 76 colonies)
R: 54 (8 bonus, 46 colonies)

I had colonies worth less points, (lots of 1s) but I got the Cystaloids bonus.
J was squashed a bit, and didn't do so well. He lost a number of colonies to Z. Z built lots of bases and was able to take over lots of colonies not rightfully his. R did okay, but was trapped at the end, and it took a few rounds for her space ship to get to some empty systems. All in all, it was a fun game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.