Sweden
Gothenburg
Bohuslän
flag msg tools
Instagram: Ludocrous
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi

During the next couple of weeks my wife and I will travel around in northern italy: Milan, Verona, Venezia, Bologna, Padua, Genoa etc.

I just wondered if anybody here know about cute places to stay, hostels, wineyards, beautiful villages etc.

Additionally we are always up for a game or two if you need opponents Games we play often and enjoy immensely are: Age of Steam, Brass, Antike, Power Grid, 18XX, Vikings and ALOT more

I know this is a long shot

Take care/
Pontus
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo Robino
Italy
Dueville
Vicenza
flag msg tools
"I'm a Nay Saying worm beast!"
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How will you travel? Have you a car, or will you use public transportation? Are you on the cheap, or can afford something a tad more expensive?

And last: I've been unemployed for a while, lately, and you come my parts right the week I'm going to work again (even if only temporarily)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontus Nilsson
Sweden
Gothenburg
Bohuslän
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your reply! We are going by car, starting in Milano on tuesday 7 July. Usually we are traveling cheaply but sometimes, if a place is really worth the money, we indulge ourselfs

Congratulations to your new employment!

/P

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leonardo Martino
Italy
Milano
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey!!! I live in Milan either... Well My games are:
Railroad Tycoon
Age of Empires
Chicago Express
Settlers of Catana
Memoir Overlord

If u wanna join me and my friends for a dinner and a game drop me a private msg

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo Robino
Italy
Dueville
Vicenza
flag msg tools
"I'm a Nay Saying worm beast!"
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For sight-seeing, I've heard good things about Parco Giardino Sigurtà, 40 minutes by car from Verona, but you could choose to make a detour driving from Milan to Verona. Never been there myself, but my friends seem to like it.

While in Verona, you could pay a visit to I Giochi dei Grandi (address at the bottom of their webpage). It's a short walk from the Arena, so it can be part of a canonical tourist visit to the city (for example, going from the Arena to Juliet's house). I don't know many places to eat there, but some time ago I used to go at 'Enoteca Cangrande' (address: Via Dietro Listone 19D). Again, a short walk from the Arena. Not a 'real' restaurant, but they have a nice selection of wines, and good things to accompany them. Prices not on the cheap, though.

In Venice, there is la Biennale d'Arte! I've had a lot of fun each time I went there. Don't know how is it this year, but it's usually something well worth the time spent. In Venice there is 'Lanterna Magica' (address: Sant'Eufemia 673), the game shop of the designers of War of the Ring (First Edition) and Age of Conan: The Strategy Board Game.

(Should you hit Vicenza as well – my hometown, located between Verona and Padua – feel free to ask for directions! )

PontusNalle wrote:
Congratulations to your new employment!

Oh, it's just a short gig to help a friend in need – nothing permanent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mirko
Taiwan
Taitung City
Taitung
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds nice, I'm available during weekends to come where you guys are, for a play or something. I live near Bologna, so fell free to contact me, bye!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontus Nilsson
Sweden
Gothenburg
Bohuslän
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, such friendly responses, so nice. Do you know any especially good place to eat in Bologna, Mirko?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mirko
Taiwan
Taitung City
Taitung
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pontus, I take info about that from friends who lived there. Have you already planned the trip ? I mean where/when day by day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradley Keen
United States
Harrisburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
www.punkzter.blogspot.com
badge
It's a horse. On a chair.
mbmbmbmbmb
I am going to jump onto this post

My brother and I are planning an extended trip in Italy from December 20th until January 30th. Our itinerary will start in Rome, and then go to Naples, Siena, Florence, Genoa, Venice, Turin, Pedova, Verona, and then Milan.

Does anyone have recommendations for places to stay, sights to see? Are there any gamers out there who would be interested in meeting up for a day?

(BTW, if any Italian gamers are ever in Pennsylvania, please feel free to contact me for tourist info, etc)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.