Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zenjoy
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just an idea, but should the SP have less figure in play at the start of a game? Its subtle, and the removed figures should come from the more distant locations (such as the enclosed areas within Mordor that no FP army would ever get to anyway), and i'm not talking a lot of units, but if there were less that would give the FPP a bit more time to prepare for a VERY powerrful military rush as the SP would need to then take time to muster their troops and build the army.

While this may loose some visual intimidation from Mordor, rember that the FPP cannot muster until they are at war (which takes time to get to), or via cards (which are somewhat luck of the draw). It may also offer the FPP an extra edge to attempt military victories and spread the shadow forces thin again.

Just a thought.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Wehneman
United States
Georgetown
IN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't forget that the Shadow (and Free Peoples) are limited by the number of pieces that came in the box. By removing some pieces from the board (especially from remote areas of the board) allows the Shadow to build up with those same pieces at a location of greater strategic importance.

Your aim of weakening the Shadow might actually strengthen the Shadow, depending upon where the figures came from.

- Neil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zenjoy
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah - good point. Thanks on that Neil.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Fling
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I always play the FP. So I would love to see the shadow weekend. But one thing to think about is that it may be very difficult for the SP to achieve 10 VP's by the time Frodo makes it to Mount Doom. Unless of course you moved the FSP to the Shire to start out. You could change a million aspects of this game. But I love it the way it is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Zachary
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Question: Are you playing the Expansion or the Basic Game? Your ideas might help in the latter as it is almost universally agreed that the Free Player is in a tough position.

On the other hand, what I've read about the Expansion is that it is more play balanced . . . .

Best.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.