Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zenjoy
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
An idea. Should heroes be allowed to draw an additional location card by spending investigation? Such as draw the first for free, then you may spend 3-5 investigation to draw a second after the first has been resolved, then may draw a third for 5-7 investigation (number varied as I'm not sure how costly I should make this option).

This will allow heroes to find cards faster by "investigating" (essentially using their gathered information to accelerate their discovery of where the evil is and how to kill it).

This will also help end some groans at my gaming table when we've had situations where a player draws bad card after bad card, and then have another hero move to the same spot and draw the next card which WAS a good card (effectively the first hero took all the flak and the next took the glory - based completely on the shuffle of the cards), I'm sure other groups will know well of this situation.

Any thoughts on this option?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clement Tey
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What's the drifter's special ability in this game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Moore
United States
Oxford
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Gotcha!
mbmbmbmbmb
princemousey wrote:
What's the drifter's special ability in this game?

Draw two event cards and choose one to keep. This doesn't work at locations.

As for the OP, I don't know. I kind of like the one card per turn. I feel that it's balanced as it is. I think it makes sense thematically as well, since there's only so much time to search a location, even if you have extra "clues" that there might be something there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan
United States
Trumbull
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If a player could draw more than one location card on a turn it would significantly reduce the incentive to linger. Also, there are specific costs involved (time, movement) that, with your accelerated searching variant, would be greatly diminished.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clark Remedies
United States
Bossier City
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hrm... As always (and one reason I love FFP) feel free to make the game your own. House rule it, re-write it, pimp it out, whatever. I however have to agree with the others, it wouldn't work for me. Half the fun...no wait, Most of the fun is hoping for something not to attack you. That sense of dread that awaits with each card. Those furtive glances at the Shadow Track. The suspense of which Elder will fall to Hysteria next. One could I suppose also take all the "bad" cards out of the game and just move around the board collecting neat stuff. Or just play Monopoly?

Also, if yer interested, there is a nifty little item for sale at the Blacksmith's called Charmed Relic. May help ye out a bit. But ye better hurry...there's only the one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.