Subject: Thoroughbreed rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Asger Johansen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
This situation came up in a game yesterday: Jenny and Sam were in the same square along with 5 zombies. Jenny had Thoroughbreed. The heroes decided that Jenny would fight 3 zombies while Sam would take on two. Jenny would take her fights first. Now after the roll off against the first zombie - and after it became clear that Jenny would loose - the heroes decided that Jenny would use Thoroughbreed to get away. I guess this is legitimate and effectively cancels the fight. But the question is this:

Are the remaining two zombies that were to fight Jenny now transferred to Sam?

OR

Are their fights cancelled as well as they have already been assigned to fight Jenny?

Cheers

Lublang

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
.308 Jake
Canada
Hamilton
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
She only fights one zombie at a time. The card would only be used for that ONE zombie. All the others, that haven't fought yet, would fight the other hero.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Biodiesel
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
trippercook wrote:
All the others, that haven't fought yet, would fight the other hero.

This may be incorrect. Jason Hill has said that if a hero dies while fighting a zombie, the other zombie that were assigned to him/her DON'T fight the other hero (assuming they hadn't fought, yet). The idea is that they are feasting on the dead body. Thematically, I see the difference between dying and running away on a horse, but from a technical rules perspective, it sounds the same.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Biodiesel
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's the comment from Jason Hill that I'm referring to:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/1841276#1841276
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asger Johansen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
trippercook wrote:
She only fights one zombie at a time. The card would only be used for that ONE zombie. All the others, that haven't fought yet, would fight the other hero.

I understand that you fight fights one at a time. My question is to whether a fight already allocated can be reallocated.

Lub

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Biodiesel
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jchill7 wrote:
The Zombie/Hero pairings are decided on first, then each of them is resolved. If a Hero dies before all of their Fights are complete, the remaining Zombies that Hero was supposed to Fight do not fight anyone (they spend the time feeding on the dead Hero).

From that I'm inclined to say that once a zombie is committed to fighting a certain hero, they don't fight anyone else (unless a card says otherwise, such as "Smell of Brains").

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Basil
United States
Clayton
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lublang wrote:
trippercook wrote:

I understand that you fight fights one at a time. My question is to whether a fight already allocated can be reallocated.

Lub

I don't know if this is right but the way that we have played is that if a card cancels a fight, just that one fight is canceled unless you are somehow moved to another space. If theme is important I would say that once a hero flees that the Zombies in that space would just converge on the remaining hero. Come on we have all seen that in zombie movies...leaving the one person behind... shame on you.
zombiezombiezombiezombiezombiezombie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Knepper
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lublang wrote:
trippercook wrote:

Lub

What part of Jason's answer didn't you understand?

Quote:
The Zombie/Hero pairings are decided on first, then each of them is resolved. If a Hero dies before all of their Fights are complete, the remaining Zombies that Hero was supposed to Fight do not fight anyone (they spend the time feeding on the dead Hero).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Basil
United States
Clayton
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aging One wrote:
Lublang wrote:
trippercook wrote:

Lub

Quote:

I guess the question is that if no one dies does the above rule still apply. If there is nothing to feast on what do they do?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Knepper
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why would the answer be any different? The base rule is what you should be looking at. In the zombie player turn, zombies and heroes in the same square are matched in sets; each hero fights only the zombies in his/her set and the zombies fight only the hero they are matched against. If some other action/event removes the hero from the fight, the zombies simple ignore the other fight.

You can devise any number of "thematic" rationales for their behavior. All Jason provided was AN example of a thematic rational, not THE example.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Basil
United States
Clayton
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aging One wrote:
Why would the answer be any different? The base rule is what you should be looking at. In the zombie player turn, zombies and heroes in the same square are matched in sets; each hero fights only the zombies in his/her set and the zombies fight only the hero they are matched against. If some other action/event removes the hero from the fight, the zombies simple ignore the other fight.

You can devise any number of "thematic" rationales for their behavior. All Jason provided was AN example of a thematic rational, not THE example.

Ok this is a great answer. Thanks for clearing it up!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asger Johansen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Aging One wrote:
Lublang wrote:
trippercook wrote:

Lub

Quote:

Why part of mine didn't YOU understand kiss

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.