mbmbmbmbmb
Regular 6 player game

Starbuck (newbie)
Boomer (most experienced)
Roslin (me) (cylon in sleeper phase)
Baltar
Galen
Adama

The sleeper phase went very well for the humans. 1st jump occurred with no decrease in any dials and food at +1. Then the Cylon fleet got lost and it was quiet for Galactica.

Starbuck, Baltar, Galen and Adama congregated in the research lab to draw cards. Roslin draws a card and plays it to 'alleviate the boredom'. The skill check fails and all the research lab groupies are put into sick bay with the added bonus of no one is allowed to check loyalty cards for the rest of the game.

Boomer plays 'the adviser' and makes sure everyone is making 'optimal' moves. Other players are pretty quiet and pretty much following Boomer 'advice'. Roslin plays as suboptimally as possible, ditching XOs and high value cards, drawing but not playing Quorum cards but to no avail.

Roslin even receives a red card by mistake when she was allotted skill cards and uses it to cast aspersions on the pilots. ninja

Galactica jumps and is greeted by Heavy Assault and '33'. Action stations! Boomer hits the FTL at -3 and rolls a '1' to her great dismay. Still, the sleeper phase is over with all dials comfortably still in the blue.

At this stage, loyalty cards are given out and Boomer draws 2. The other players are also getting a little sick of being ordered about. Starbuck becomes the revealed cylon sympathiser. Boomer tells everyone that Baltar is a cylon and demands players brig him. The skill check fails strangely enough...

Boomer then demands Roslin to brig Baltar. Roslin plays assign arbritrator on Baltar. Baltar reveals and wants to keep the assign arbritator card in play. Thus ensues a heated rules dispute between Boomer, Roslin and Baltar which doesn't endear Boomer. As background, Boomer can get very excited with gaming and REALLY hates to lose.

Anyway, play passes on to the Admiral Adama who then reveals as a cylon! WTF? 4 cylons in play?? wow Then Galen says WTF? and also reveals as a cylon!

Leaving Captain Boomer as the only human on board Galactica...

It seems I mixed the sympathiser card into the wrong pile of remaining loyalty cards. blush

At this stage, a visibly frustrated Boomer curses, hops into a Raptor and leaves for a more balanced game...shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan McCullough
United States
Germantown
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I laughed that's about how the show went..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kahnt
United States
Youngstown
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
It's fun, it's healthy, it's good exercise. The kids will just love it. And we put a little sand inside to make the experience more pleasant.
badge
You know, they say there was a man who jumped from the forty-FIFTH floor? But that's another story...
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm surprised Boomer was even able to get out of the Brig after the Sleeper phase.

Nice story.

It's even funnier that Boomer was an experienced player.

-DK

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Jones
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
Yeah it's here! Really it's right here.
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually had a dream last night that someone messed up and mixed all 4 cylons into the game.

Even in the dream I was very frustrated. But, I did say something about 'never quiting a game' and insisted we try and 'play through'. I don't think I needed to dream the end (which I don't think I did).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Guantanamo wrote:
I actually had a dream last night that someone messed up and mixed all 4 cylons into the game.

Even in the dream I was very frustrated. But, I did say something about 'never quiting a game' and insisted we try and 'play through'. I don't think I needed to dream the end (which I don't think I did).

I believe that's because if you dream your own death, you're actually dead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Corbin
United States
Cumming
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've often considered doing this as joke. Rig the deck with 4 cylons and the sympathizer +1 Human in the first round. But if figure folks wouldn't be laughing as hard as I was.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Jones
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
Yeah it's here! Really it's right here.
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually I want to 'forget' to add any cylons to the deck. I bet several people end up in the brig anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Glencross
Australia
Geelong
VIC
flag msg tools
This happened a few weeks back with our group as well.

This was the first time I hadn't played when it was being played and so someone else set up the game. At the sleeper phase he grabbed the wrong pile of cards, shuffled, dealt out the needed cards and put the rest back in the box. They ended up with 3 cylons (or maybe 4) and 2 humans. The humans weren't doing too badly, but ultimately lost when all the cylons revealed one after another.

The upside was that everyone, including the newbie to the group who was a human, enjoyed themselves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Henry
United States
Anaheim
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We have almost had this happen a few times. Now we take the unused loyalty cards and put them on the other side of the house :p

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.