Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
the bits guy
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I posted this thread in How to BGG, but didn't get a solution there. I am hoping someone here might be able to help?

My Mozilla Firefox internet browser displays any Boardgamegeek edit window (to compose a message/geeklist/user profile) as scrambled text. I tried in Internet Explorer, and the text displays correctly. This is really frustrating, as I have to write in Notepad then copy and paste in the BGG edit window. Please note that once previewed or submitted, the text appears fine. This only affects the edit window.

Anyone else getting this or knowing how to fix it?

Many thanks.

Here is a screengrab:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremiah
United States
Madison
WI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you using any add-ins/extensions? If so, which ones? What version of Firefox? What Windows version are you using?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
the bits guy
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I am seeing this problems on 2 machines, one running Vista, (Home Premium, Service Pack 1) the other running Windows XP. (Service Pack 3)

Both machines have Firefox 3.0.11 , with only the 'Foxmarks' add-on...

thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremiah
United States
Madison
WI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think foxmarks would have anything to do with it... I'd maybe check in your "Preferences" menu if the character encoding got changed or the language default changed... I think these options are in the "Content" section of the "Preferences" menu (sorry, I only have Firefox for linux available right now and I know the menus are different between the linux and windows versions).

Sorry I can't be more help

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.