Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Martin
England
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

My brother in Stockport (South Manchester) wants to play more games and was wondering if there was a games club (i.e. BGG-style games, not chess) in Stockport or the surrounding area - can anyone help?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Chris,

I belong to a group that meets every Tuesday night in Heaton Mersey, Stockport.

Your brother is more than welcome to come along. You can check out our website: http://www.magers.co.uk (where we also have a forum with more details about what's going on).

We also have a guild here on BGG, but it doesn't get used as much - http://www.boardgamegeek.com/guild/87

And of course there is the Stabcon convention at the Britannia Hotel in Stockport this weekend... I will be gaming there for most of the weekend, and so will a number of people from our group.

Cheers,
Andy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Brown
United Kingdom
Stockport
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi,

Chris - I belong to a club that meets in Romiley Stockport. Every 1 and 3 Saturday 12:00 - 18:00

Mainly wargaming or heavy type Euros.

Your brother may want to pop into the Britania Hotel in Stockport this weekend for Stabcon. I'm not going (normally do) great event to meet fellow gamers - I'm not sure how much they charge on the day though.

Drop me an email if you want details of the club

thirts@ntlworld.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steve bennett
United Kingdom
manchester
flag msg tools
Hey, i live in droylsden which is pretty close to you (by car at least). Got a collection of around 50 games which i dont get to play nearly enough. Most local clubs are a tuesday or sunday night which is not good for me but im always up for a game. Ive played a fair bit of warhammer aswel over the years.

steve

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Get up, get up, get up, get down, fall over.
United Kingdom
Bolton
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sb3nn3tt wrote:
Hey, i live in droylsden which is pretty close to you (by car at least). Got a collection of around 50 games which i dont get to play nearly enough. Most local clubs are a tuesday or sunday night which is not good for me but im always up for a game. Ive played a fair bit of warhammer aswel over the years.

steve
Tuesdays and Sundays bad? How about Thursdays? Bolton really isn't that far round the M60 you know....

More details at:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/guild/184

Oh, and there is a tabletop minis/warhammer club at the same location on a Monday night.

And Wigan meet on a Friday...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.