Filipe Cunha
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Since it's almost impossible to get the game around here for less than U$75,00 (which is outrageous for a game with the component quality it has, IMO), I decided to do a Home-made version of it.

I got the board and the tiles all done, and all I'm left with are the wooden pieces, which I'll cut and paint myself (sadly, there's no game pieces' store in Brazil).

What I would love if somebody could help me is: what are the sizes of the wooden pieces that come with the game?

- Cubes (resources)
- Pawns
- Houses (Research Centers)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaiah Tanenbaum
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're making your own, why not just assemble pieces whose sizes make sense to you?

But if you want the "real experience" then I don't have a ruler handy to give you exact measurements, but here's the rundown:

- The cubes are standard euro-size cubes -- 1cm maybe?
- The pawns are too big.
- The research centers, which are also too big, are like two and a half monopoly houses stuck together. I think maybe later editions have smaller research centers?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aleyd Lubeck
Australia
flag msg tools
The game is quite expensive here in Australia too, so I feel your pain. And, while I don't advocate making your own copy instead of saving up and buying one, I would say the research stations in the copy we bought on the weekend are the size of 1 Monopoly House (assuming that Australian Monopoly Houses are the same size as overseas Monopoly Houses!).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The root of all evil... but you can call me cookie.
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Good for you. I say go for it if it's that expensive the game just isn't worth $75!!!

Anyway the cubes included in the game are bit too big for the game and I've been meaning to make new ones for my copy of the game that are smaller. Also the research stations in the 2nd printing got smaller (thankfully) from the 1st printing to as was reported just maybe a wee bit smaller than Monopoly houses.

Anyway the inbox sizes are:

Cubes 1cmx1cmx1cm
Pawns 3.25cm tall
Stations 1cmx1cmx1cm

The cubes I'm working on (out of Sculpey clay) are about 0.5cm each dimension.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Adams
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb

If you have a copy of the game Risk, why not use the cubes from that and if you have a Monopoly set, use the hotels for Research Stations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.