Louis Brenton
United States
Brighton
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a fairly new Memoir player and I wanted to make sure I had this right:

If a strafing plane rolls a retreat flag, the rules say the flag CANNOT be ignored.

Ships (both destroyers and carriers) MAY ignore the first flag. Does the plane's ability to NOT have flags ignored trump the ship's ability to ignore? (instinctively, I would think--yes)

Same question regarding Japanese infantry. They MUST ignore the first flag, they MUST ignore 2 flags in cover that provides that option, and they MUST ignore all flags when in caves. Does the plane's ability trump this ability? (here, I would instinctively think--no--because it's hard for me to picture strafing planes driving infantry out of caves)

I searched for threads on this, but couldn't find anything conclusive. Help, please?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Earl
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any time something says "flags may not be ignored" that trumps the ability to ignore them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.