Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Biodiesel
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the "All Hallows Eve" scenario, the rules say that you are to place a number counter under each townsperson without looking at the number. It would make sense to me, however, for the zombie player to know who the zombie master is. After all, isn't the zombie master able to exert some control over the zombies? Has anyone tried doing this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Baptist
United States
Highland
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We just played this twice last night. I would say that would give the zombie player a tremendous advantage -- and besides, I don't think zombies would be smart enough to be able to distinguish who the Master was anyway.

I found it more enjoyable to be surprised along with the heroes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Biodiesel
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So we just played a game with this scenario. I was going to post in Sessions, but I had a few rules questions, and I don't really have time to make a quality session report. Also, this was the shortest game of LNoE I've ever played: 3 rounds. This was played with all of the expansions.

I was playing the heroes. I picked Sam, Rachelle, Becky, and the Father. Sam started with the chainsaw, Father drew the torch, Rachelle had the revolver/flashlight start and drew Faith, and Becky had some random event. Everyone started in the middle of town.

Two of the townsfolk were 4 spaces away, so we passed the chainsaw to the Father, played Faith on him, and moved him close to Deputy Taylor, but not close enough to interrogate. Becky followed him to heal if necessary, and Sam and Rachelle went toward the other townsperson who was close.

Round two, the Father moved into the square with Deputy Taylor, successfully interrogated him, and SURPRISE, he was the zombie master! The ensuing fight was won by the Father (rolling 4 dice), which meant the zombie master was automatically killed by the chainsaw. My opponent did try to roll extra fight dice hoping for a tie, but I had the Father take a wound and cancel the card. No sense in taking chances, and with Becky right behind, healing wasn't a problem.

With the master dead, the Father now had the book and the torch he started the game with! All the other zombies were too far away to make a difference, and it was an easy victory on turn 3.

Questions:

1. We only had the zombie master roll one die because we couldn't find anything that said he should roll two. Was this correct?

2. Should we have used all 21 zombies for the pool?

3. How does "Taken Over" affect a building with a townsperson in it? We played that it simply sucks for the heroes (the Father could always cancel it later on of course), but I thought I read somewhere that a building with a townsperson in it couldn't be taken over. Maybe another scenario?

4. Can dynamite (and gas) kill townsfolk? Zombies can....

5. There were actually 8 townsfolk cards in the deck, but the scenario says to use 6. We weren't sure if this meant to choose 6 at random (which we did), or if there were a certain 6 the scenario had in mind.

6. Can the townsperson counter be placed on a zombie spawning pit? We played that it could because we couldn't find anything saying otherwise, but this seems a bit odd. Three of the six ended up on spawning pits in this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.