Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Linn
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My friend and I played this game and we had a couple of things about negating corruption come up.

1) Can you kill off Strider and negate corruption equal to his leadership, and then bring him back as Aragorn?

2) Just clarifying, you can use then hobbits, Merry and Pippen to negate corruption and use action dice to ressurect them, or do you simply use them lower corruption and then move them as if they separated?

Any help would be great. Sorry if these have been asked already, but I saw these as very specific and didn't find them directly answered.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Powers
United States
Triangle
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1 - No. Once Strider is dead, he is deak, only Gandalf can come back.
2 - I believe they lower the corruption, separate, and stay where they are. I dont have the rules with me to confirm.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Chapman
United States
Powhatan
Virginia
flag msg tools
Axis & Allies Developer and Playtester; War of the Ring Editor and Playtester
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oni Chikara wrote:
2) Just clarifying, you can use then hobbits, Merry and Pippen to negate corruption and use action dice to ressurect them, or do you simply use them lower corruption and then move them as if they separated?

It depends on the situation. If Merry or Pippin is the Guide of the Fellowship and is chosen as a Hunt casualty, he may be separated instead of eliminated (if the Fellowship is not in Mordor). If one of them is selected randomly as a Hunt casualty, he is eliminated but may be brought back later using an Action die (as long as the Fellowship is not yet in Mordor).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Linn
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys that effectively answers both of my questions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Zachary
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good questions, Matt.

Be aware that, if the guide is killed and Merry or Peppin become the new guide, they can be immediately separated to reduce corruption. So, if you draw a "3," knock off Boromir for 2 points, you could save yourself from the third if one of the two hobbits becomes the new guide.

This "clarification" blew me away when I first read it in the FAQ.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.