Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob Lyon
United States
San Juan Islands
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you’re a regular minis player and haven’t got your support materials in a kit of some kind, you’re behind your game. And when it comes to kits, the tighter it is, the more customized utility it has, the better it all works and looks, the more you’ll enjoy what you’re doing. Depending on what you’re using for tokens, and conditional effects seem to be in vogue with the stat conversion folks at Wizards these days as well as providing more spice for us gamers, so you will be wanting some type of effect markers. Litko makes a hard plastic set in different shapes but they are damn hard to pick up off a flat surface. Then are plenty of home brew tokens as well; I like the circular print outs that you can stick on quarters. But the crème de la crème, for my money at least, is the Alea (aleatools.com) magnetic tokens. I’ve written about these before here, so won’t go over old ground again (http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/385765), but only to say that if you go this route, and it can be a bit expensive, you will find that their kit is the ideal vessel to hold all your stuff. Not just the tokens, which reside neatly in long scalloped bays, but there is room for dice, and counter devices and the token stick on bases, even wet erase pens and a copy of the rule book. All that, and made of excellent quality with real hinges, easy to use latches, in a slim, handsome hard case. Furthermore, the foam insert in the lid makes a sweet dice corral, even the sound of the dice on the hard plastic is cool, like the soft thud of footsteps on the forest floor.. . .

So, I just wanted to put that out for anyone who can use it! For me, it’s well worth the money, given how much I like the game.

robbage

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.