Popular Tags: [View All]
Massimiliano della Rovere
Italy
Pisa
Tuscany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If Valley Games created a new deck of cards, correcting the error and with more readable graphics, would you buy them (for a reasonable price of course)?

I surely would.

(let's hope to receive a lot of yes and the attention of VG)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
What mistake are you talking about?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Sauer
United States
Willow Street
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
masdero wrote:
If Valley Games created a new deck of cards, correcting the error and with more readable graphics, would you buy them (for a reasonable price of course)?

I surely would.

1. What error... and why do we have to ask?

2. Point well-taken regarding the graphics. They're a hinderance to new players, and needlessly befuddle even the best of intentioned.

Kindly elaborate on point #1, please.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Gray
United States
Glenwood Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would buy user friendly, corrected cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Italy
Pisa
Tuscany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
whac3 wrote:

I do not have the game nearby, but I remember that some cards have the less/more symbol swapped with the yes/no one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Sauer
United States
Willow Street
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
masdero wrote:
whac3 wrote:

I do not have the game nearby, but I remember that some cards have the less/more symbol swapped with the yes/no one.

Ah yes. Never noticed that before. Thanks for pointing that out.

I'm fine with the game as it is, but I'll admit it's not the friendliest game for new players -- and needlessly so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazy Bob
Philippines
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The yes/more mixup isn't that bad, because you just look at red/not red instead. I'd still slap down at least 5$ for cards that are more distingushable on a large play area.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Short
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If the error were something that impacted gameplay, I would want replacements, but as it is the error is pretty irrelevant. For a game that sees as little play as this one (it's good, but both long and hardcore), I would have trouble justifying cosmetic purchases for Die Macher. Of course, I also wouldn't sculpt my own pieces for Agricola, either, so obviously, to each his own.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth
Netherlands
Eindhoven
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
masdero wrote:

I surely would.

Hell yeah! It cost me the game in turn one, when I found out I didn't match with the cards on the forum! Turns out that industry and nuclear energy are quite difficult to tell apart. But that goes for everything else too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kalvin McBride
United States
Kendallville
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would absolutely love to purchase new cards. There is confusion and I think it could be easy to correct but I lack the confidence to create new cards.

Definitely would purchase new cards to this game that I really enjoy. In fact, I'd love to get cards from a version that's not from Valley Games so if anyone could send me information or would want to sell their cards, please contact me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan L
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm, maybe a candidate for an ArtsCow deck? Thought I'd just throw it out there in case someone feels like designing one... meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jens Schmidt
Sweden
Sundsvall
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good Suggestion Rovere

I would indeed buy new cards if the graphic design was fixed so that you with a glance, easily, can see what kind of cards are laying there way, way over on the other side of the table.

1. symbols should not have high detail.

2. symbols should be clearly different.

3. Public opinion cards does not need to have 4 icons to distinguish themselves from the party opinion cards as the smaller symbols makes them harder to distinguish at a distance. I suggest a different edge color and/or a smaller black n white 'people' icon in the upper corner or a a siluetted crowd behind the symbol in question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Shaffer
United States
San Francisco
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I really want an ArtsCow deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Italy
Pisa
Tuscany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I fear we'll never have a replacement deck...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jens Schmidt
Sweden
Sundsvall
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No Rovere, it doesn't seem like they agree with us on this 'revised deck needed' issue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Totonchy
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheCat wrote:
I really want an ArtsCow deck.

Played this game for the first time this weekend with Chris hosting. Interesting game but I was very put off/confused by the graphics on the cards.

It may not be pretty but cards that have something like +1 verus -1 on them to represent issue 1 would be much easier to deal with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Shaffer
United States
San Francisco
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You'll be happy to know I ordered a replacement deck from The Game Crafters, using files found here on the geek.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Judy
United States
Cottonwood
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know if there are corrected (easier to distinguish) cards available for purchase somewhere?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.