Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Чебурашка, ты настоящий друг!
United Kingdom
Durham
flag msg tools
Scheiß Inselaffen!
mbmbmbmbmb
As I understood it, Attack! Deluxe was going to be released at Origins and the Expansion Ugrade for those with the original expansion would be shipped out shortly after. I therefore wanted to ask whether the release at Origins acutally came off and, if it did, when Eagle will start sending out the Upgrades. Due to various problems connected with a probable change of address, I'm just wondering if there's any chance of pre-orders for the expansion upgrade reaching Germany in July and August.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Selinker
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The release at Origins did indeed occur, and quite successfully. Sean Brown will have to answer your questions about shipping, though.

But since you asked, Salo, I'll tell a funny story about Origins. In the booth, Sean and Keith Blume said, "Mike, all these people here would love love LOVE it if you'd demo Attack Deluxe for them!" So I said "Sure!" and proceeded to give an animated demo of the game. "Tanks blitz like this!" and "Governments work like this!" and "Oil markers burn like this!" and so on and so on. And everybody was mightily entertained, and shook my hands, and told me they loved it, and left happy.

And I came back to Keith and Sean and said, "That went great!" And they said, "Okay, but where did they go?" And I said, "Go?" And they said, "Did you ask them whether they wanted to BUY the game?" And I said, "Um...."

And that, dear friends, is why you should never trust a game designer to demo his game to customers.

Mike
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louis Morin
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
The best way to sell a game is to show people how fun it is, so i guess you did your part at Origins...

But i too am waiting for updates. I pre-ordered a month ago and still waiting for confirmation. I agree with Salo Sila, a little after-origin update on shipping would indeed be nice.

thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sean brown

Colorado
msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all!

Good news! The game will start shipping today and tomorrow. We are pulling orders as I type, and hope to have everything in the mail by weds.

As for the game itself, we have had a blast demoing it the last week, and I think everyone will be very pleased with the end product!

Sean
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Чебурашка, ты настоящий друг!
United Kingdom
Durham
flag msg tools
Scheiß Inselaffen!
mbmbmbmbmb
onekccs wrote:
Hi all!

Good news! The game will start shipping today and tomorrow. We are pulling orders as I type, and hope to have everything in the mail by weds.

As for the game itself, we have had a blast demoing it the last week, and I think everyone will be very pleased with the end product!

Sean

Thanks for the info; I got the confirmation that mine had shipped today!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Badolato
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just received e-mail confirmation that my upgrade package has shipped from Eagle Games. Excellent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I also just received an email stating that my upgrade package just shipped! Woo Hoo!!! This will definitely hit the table in August, if not sooner! thumbsupthumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Herrera
United States
Highland
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
desertfox2004 wrote:
I also just received an email stating that my upgrade package just shipped! Woo Hoo!!! This will definitely hit the table in August, if not sooner! thumbsupthumbsup

Same here!!! Upgrade Pack on its way...
thumbsupthumbsup[/q]thumbsupthumbsup[/q]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doctor X

New York
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Make that # 5, got my shipping e-mail. (And got the PC versions of Puerto Rico and War! Age of Imperialism for less than four bucks total to boot!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
burton loupee
msg tools
I can't wait, we have a game planned for this weekend! wow

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louis Morin
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
I am still waiting for a confirmation email

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe McKinley
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
When I heard the learn’d astronomer; When the proofs, the figures, were ranged in columns before me; When I was shown the charts and the diagrams, to add, divide, and measure them; When I, sitting, heard the astronomer, where he lectured with
badge
much applause in the lecture-room, How soon, unaccountable, I became tired and sick; Till rising and gliding out, I wander’d off by myself, In the mystical moist night-air, and from time to time, Look’d up in perfect silence at the stars. W.W.
mbmbmbmbmb
louisloua wrote:
I am still waiting for a confirmation email

ditto

Edit: I did receive a confirmation e-mail, but it was hiding in my spam catcher. According to the tracking information, FedEx has not received the package from Eagle yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louis Morin
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
I have not received confirmation by email, but my credit card just being charged, so i guess its a sign things are moving on.

Only thing, even with instructions for the "flat rate" option in a enveloppe, i have being charged the full delivery price. I sent a email to eagle game, and it seem the charge on the credit card was made automatically, but when somebody will work my order,they will be able to credit the difference in price of shipping options. Seing the bill, 60$ canadian for a incomplete game (the can$ dropped of 10 cents since my order, so it make a difference too), just a add-on, i have to love this game, so a aprox. 10$ off the delivery just to receive a enveloppe instead of a box will be welcome.

Anyway, as long as i receive the game with all upgrade needed and that its as good as they say....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sean brown

Colorado
msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Notice for all of you guys outside the US

We have batched all the orders and started shipping this week.
We will have to manually adjust and credit back $10 to anyone who put the flat rate shipping option in their notes section. This is the only way our system can do a credit override. Sorry for the confusion, but please be confident, if you ordered it flat rate (without a box) you will get a $10 credit back on your credit card shortly.

Things are moving along ok, but please remember we had a TON of orders come in for the kit and we are pulling as fast as we can. I have made arrangements for extra help this weekend, and we all plan on staying late to get everything pulled and shipped by monday.

Thanks for the continued interest in our games!

Sean
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Game Heretics
Canada
Surrey
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Woohoo! Just got my shipping confirmation email. It's all starting to fall into place. Excellent!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I RECEIVED THE UPGRADE PACK IN THE MAIL TODAY.
The eagle has landed.

DO NOT THROW AWAY THE BOX AND PACKING PEANUTS UNTIL YOU CHECK FOR THE NAVAL DICE. MY NAVAL DICE WERE PACKED SEPARATELY AND DID NOT COME IN THE SHRINK WRAPPED UPGRADE BOX. THEY WERE SEPARATELY WRAPPED AND THROWN INTO THE PACKING PEANUTS. HAD I NOT CHECKED THE PACKING PEANUTS CAREFULLY I MIGHT HAVE THROWN THE NAVAL DICE OUT !!

CHECK ALL CONTENTS OF THE SHIPPING BOX BEFORE THROWING IT AWAY !! THE NAVAL DICE MAY BE IN THERE IF YOU ORDERED THE UPGRADE PACK AND NOT THE ENTIRE GAME.

All else looks good though. I will read the rules tonight or tomorrow. I hope to get it to the table soon with a group of four or five.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
abadolato01 wrote:
I RECEIVED THE UPGRADE PACK IN THE MAIL TODAY.
The eagle has landed.

DO NOT THROW AWAY THE BOX AND PACKING PEANUTS UNTIL YOU CHECK FOR THE NAVAL DICE. MY NAVAL DICE WERE PACKED SEPARATELY AND DID NOT COME IN THE SHRINK WRAPPED UPGRADE BOX. THEY WERE SEPARATELY WRAPPED AND THROWN INTO THE PACKING PEANUTS. HAD I NOT CHECKED THE PACKING PEANUTS CAREFULLY I MIGHT HAVE THROWN THE NAVAL DICE OUT !!

CHECK ALL CONTENTS OF THE SHIPPING BOX BEFORE THROWING IT AWAY !! THE NAVAL DICE MAY BE IN THERE IF YOU ORDERED THE UPGRADE PACK AND NOT THE ENTIRE GAME.

All else looks good though. I will read the rules tonight or tomorrow. I hope to get it to the table soon with a group of four or five.

Same here on all counts. Expansion looks great! Check for those dice - I almost threw mine out in the packing box but my son, for some reason, was digging around in the packing peanuts and found them!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Herrera
United States
Highland
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Did anyone get a chance to play this weekend?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Hurst
United States
Gastonia
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I received my preorder of the full game, but upon reading the back of the box, it says you must own the original attack! game to use it. My impression was that this attack! deluxe package I ordered for 50 bucks or so, was supposed to be stand alone...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred CS
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmb
Hi Brad,

I have responded to your email and included the customer service e-mail as well. We will identify your order and correct any shipping error that was made (it is $50 for the complete game base and expansion, not including shipping, so it sounds as if you should have received the base game as well, but we are checking to verify that).

Keith

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenny Wang
United States
Temple City
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'm very interested in this game.
Are there still copies available if I order within the next couple days?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Hurst
United States
Gastonia
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Fred. I'm keeping an eye out for the email from customer service.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.