Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Kiehnhoff
United States
College Station
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
When I first saw the experience log Golux created for his crew to track their missions and accumulate experience/ranks I thought it was a great idea. Once I looked into it, I felt that the way ranks were handled could be a little cleaner, then I wanted to include survival rate, then I wanted a score calculator, drop down choices, color coding, printable version, and it went on like that.

I made a version 2 of the spreadsheet which is available in the files section, but then I noticed some more things like the fact that it was hard to look across rows and stay on line, so I added shading to alternate rows. I know there are people out there who get way more into roleplaying in their games, so I also added a player stats sheet that can track total experience and success rate for missions and in each of the main roles. This will make it clear at a glance that player X is the superior captain and player Y has the best communications skills. It will also hopefully encourage players to try out the roles they don't take as often in order to raise their skills at that job.

For anyone who doesn't want this level of detail, you can always just enter "X" for the players who participated rather than detailed roles. You can also just enter the total score for a game as Trophy Points and leave all other score fields blank if you don't have the details.

Below are some images from the experience log v2.1. I would welcome any feedback or requests on additional features if I have left out anything that others might find useful.

Experience Log Sheet

Player Stats Sheet

Paper Log Sheet for when computer isn't handy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.