Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jesse Dean
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Pound for pound, the amoeba is the most vicious predator on Earth!
mbmbmb
So I thought 1960 was kind of underwhelming as a game but I love Twilight Struggle. In general I prefer heavier and meatier games, but am fine with lighter, meaty games (Race For the Galaxy, Command & Colros: Ancients, Chicago Express). Does this game have anything for me?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geeky McGeekface
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Best hobby, with the best people in the world. Gaming is the best!
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a completely different kind of game, Jesse. I'd describe it as a meaty filler. I also prefer heavier games, but I like Campaign Manager. I think it has some very clever things in it. The game plays quickly, but there are still a good many decisions to be made and plenty of angst. And I'm just beginning to figure out how to do a good job with the deck building. For a short game, there's a reasonable amount of stuff going on, so you may want to check this out. But if you're looking for another Twilight Struggle, or even another Race for the Galaxy, this might not be the game for you.

(Full disclosure: Jason and Christian are in my games group and I've been known to exchange a civil word with them from time to time.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Dean
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Eh, I would rather have distinct games in my collection rather than the same one. I don't want another Race for the Galaxy or Twilight Struggle, I was just using them for context.

Still, what you say sounds interesting. I will definitely have to check it out when it comes out and hope that it ends up being one of the few filler games I enjoy, because I love the theme. (I am an intermittent politics junkie.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Matthews
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Larry Levy wrote:

(Full disclosure: Jason and Christian are in my games group and I've been known to exchange a civil word with them from time to time.)

When?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geeky McGeekface
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Best hobby, with the best people in the world. Gaming is the best!
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I didn't say they weren't surrounded by a couple of expletives!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Dean
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I have since tried (and bought) this game. It is very good and the meaty filler description is apt. Thanks Larry (nice meeting you at BGG.con) and Jason!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.