Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew L.
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
Sword, Board and Pen
badge
Hey! I run a board game blog at swordboardandpen.com! Come check it out!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello all,

I am looking for someone to take me through the steps of installing vassal on my PC, as well as the modules for Memoir '44 (including the expansions). I have done it once before, but for some reason the modules won't work.

Along with this, I am also looking for someway to learn to play Memoir over VASSAL...I never have before, so if there is someone interested in teaching me how to do it over a game, GM me or post here, and maybe we can work something out.

The only reason I ask is so that I don't end up playing a game on VASSAL against someone, not knowing what the heck I am doing, and then frustrating both them and myself when I take forever to move because I don't know the system.

Thanks a lot!

Andrew
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil McDonald
England
Staffordshire
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a link to a hand-holder I did for the point2point podcast site.

It will help you get Vassal installed and running. Even though it was written for an earlier version of vassal, the installation procedure is the same.

http://point2pointsource.com/xoops/modules/newbb/viewtopic.p...

It mention a tutorial turn file I did for memoir '44 which also talks you through the buttons on the vassal screen. It was written for a friend of mine, but it worked for him and numerous people I have sent it to since.

If you email me I will attach it to the reply.

philmcd2@btinternet.com

Vassal is very easy to use. I use it daily for pbem games of Memoir '44 and Paths of Glory and Manifest Destiny as well as other games on an ad hoc basis.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrzej Sieradzki
Poland
Opole
flag msg tools
badge
We don't stop playing when we get old, but we get old when we stop playing.
mbmbmbmbmb
Andrew, trust Phil. He helped me a lot in starting a VASSAL adventure, although I still need another newbie to start playing with. :D

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil McDonald
England
Staffordshire
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why don't you play Andrew?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John O'Haver PhoDOGrapher
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Pet photographer, that's me.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, I'll use this,too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.