Modern Art
Tide of Iron New Addition! I just can't take the set up time anymore

Here is what I'm looking for:

Commands and Colours Ancients
Conflict of Heroes
Age of Conan
Through the Desert
Battlestar Galactica
Torres (blue box edition ((that's the newest one right?))
Villa Paletti
Dominion

A few notes:

Please don't offer me lower priced games for higher priced games. Through the Desert for Battlelore is not going to happen. However, you will give me a good laugh.

I'm shipping from Ottawa Ontario and have no interest in paying the shipping fees to trade with someone overseas.

My games are in perfect condition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Ottawa
Ontario
msg tools
Re: In Need of a Few Games (help me out people)
Christ! Do not low ball me. I can understand a 10 dollar difference, but I just had someone offer a trade with a difference of 50 bucks.

Please respect the fact that I'm not a complete moron.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can agree on principle but remember (also) that trade valuations can also be subjective, too. If there's a game that's rare and something I really want to play, even if it's $30 cheaper than the game being offered, I might agree to that.

It's a fine line, I'll admit. I don't think it's something worth getting cranky about, by any means, just tell them "no" politely and that's that. They may not have felt they were ripping you off (although they may have had some inkling but that's the cool thing about trading, you can just turn them down).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Pennington
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
If your orange juice doesn't burn on the way down, then you need more vodka!
mbmbmbmbmb
wytefang wrote:

It's a fine line, I'll admit. I don't think it's something worth getting cranky about, by any means, just tell them "no" politely and that's that. They may not have felt they were ripping you off (although they may have had some inkling but that's the cool thing about trading, you can just turn them down).

I just don't understand why people get all out of whack about trade offers. That's all it is, an offer. Being polite about it goes a long way. I have had people go insane on me for undervaluing a game by a measley $10 before. I have had several offers lately that were at least $50 off from my valutations, but I just said no thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Dooley
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
broken clock wrote:
Christ! Do not low ball me. I can understand a 10 dollar difference, but I just had someone offer a trade with a difference of 50 bucks.

I guess the easiest way to remedy this would be to take the initiative and propose trades that you deem fair yourself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Ottawa
Ontario
msg tools
wittdooley wrote:
broken clock wrote:

I guess the easiest way to remedy this would be to take the initiative and propose trades that you deem fair yourself.

Sometimes people will trade something they own (that they do not have in their trade section) to receive something they want. Thus threads like this are created.

In reply to the above posters, a 50 dollar difference is not a 10 dollar difference, nor is it a 20 dollar difference. It confuses me as to why anyone would consider a 50 dollar difference to be a legitimate offer.

I'm okay with being rude to these individuals, because they are obviously not people I have any interest in trading with in the future or talking to. It's not necessarily anger that motivates the response, but rather a "are you fucking kidding me?" thought.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Heinrich
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Contact me to play a RPG forum game!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Honestly, they probably did it just to screw with you due to the tone of your original posting. I doubt it was a legit trade offer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rik Van Horn
United States
Livonia
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd rather receive a hundred lowball offers than have someone get indignant over a perceived difference in value.
It costs nothing to politely say no.
It costs nothing to counteroffer something you feel fair and you might get a decent deal made.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Ottawa
Ontario
msg tools
Rokkr wrote:
I'd rather receive a hundred lowball offers than have someone get indignant over a perceived difference in value.
It costs nothing to counteroffer something you feel fair and you might get a decent deal made.

Bullshit.

Obviously there is a point where an offer becomes ridiculous. I offer some guy 1 dollar for his Roads and Boats and I can expect either a colourful or hilarious response.

It costs my patience, which is razer wire thin.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Farthing
United States
Auburn
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
broken clock wrote:
Rokkr wrote:

Bullshit.

Obviously there is a point where an offer becomes ridiculous. I offer some guy 1 dollar for his Roads and Boats and I can expect either a colourful or hilarious response.

And this is why you will find it difficult to find any trade partner.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Ottawa
Ontario
msg tools
r2mites wrote:
broken clock wrote:
Rokkr wrote:

Bullshit.

And this is why you will find it difficult to find any trade partner.

I don't know. Two over the course of one day is pretty solid.

But I shall heed your wise words and be kind to morons who's perception of value is way off the mark of every board game website on the internet, or else I'll never trade again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Chu
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
some people have no clue, just make a counter offer and it may surprise you. With over 400 trade feedback under my belt, I have been, at times, baffle and other times, pleasantly surprise at the trades offers I have had.
At worst just say 'no thanks'
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Mageau
United States
Summerville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Check out my blog at www.rollingboxcars.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Based on your open and often vulgar public comments, I have doubts you will get many more trade offers. Most reasonable people would politely respond to low ball offers, but the tactful road appears to be out of your reach.

Not long ago I had some gentleman offer me a $25 magazine game for an out of print monster wargame that values some north of $150. That's about $130 difference. Did I get nasty and rude in reply? No, I politely told the guy that there was a large difference in our valuations and that at that time I would have to pass. He responded kindly and everything was good. Maybe you should try that in the future.

Despite the fact that I have two of the games your looking for and you have several I am interested, I won't bother wasting my time or yours.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
robert cabrera
United States
Chesterfield
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'll give you a dollar for Kingsburg.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rik Van Horn
United States
Livonia
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
broken clock wrote:
Rokkr wrote:

Bullshit.

Wrong again sir. I've received insanely unbalanced offers MANY times.
Every single one of them received a polite reply or a counteroffer.

You really need to stop taking those indignant pills.

You certainly discouraged me from proposing a trade for Dominion, which I have up for trade. But then I'm sure your pure self righteousness knows best.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Ottawa
Ontario
msg tools
Modoc wrote:
Based on your open and often vulgar public comments, I have doubts you will get many more trade offers. Most reasonable people would politely respond to low ball offers, but the tactful road appears to be out of your reach.

Not long ago I had some gentleman offer me a $25 magazine game for an out of print monster wargame that values some north of $150. That's about $130 difference. Did I get nasty and rude in reply? No, I politely told the guy that there was a large difference in our valuations and that at that time I would have to pass. He responded kindly and everything was good. Maybe you should try that in the future.

Despite the fact that I have two of the games your looking for and you have several I am interested, I won't bother wasting my time or yours.

Can you not read? If an individual attempts to low ball me, in what is a obnoxious attempt to trade up, I tell them, politely, to eat shit and go to hell. That's not going to change, because I have no interest in trading with these people. I've already said this, except without the lack of colour.

Congrats big guy, you have more patience than I. I would have told this particular gentlemen that I would rather feed my game to my dog than trade it to an individual who possesses no concept of value, naturally spite being the prime motivation. This isn't a matter of fucking perception, it's the financial value of a game based upon the accumulated average of board game websites.

Oh, please do trade with me. I would love to pay the shipping to South Carolina for Battlelore. Listen, I've traded two away and sold one locally and it's only been two days. Is it the quality of games I'm trading or is it the fact that people keep posting and helping me out? Who knows, who cares.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Ottawa
Ontario
msg tools
Rokkr wrote:
broken clock wrote:
Rokkr wrote:

Bullshit.

You certainly discouraged me from proposing a trade for Dominion, which I have up for trade. But then I'm sure your pure self righteousness knows best.

Wrong about what, exactly? I don't need to be polite to people I have no interest in trading with. These individuals are few and far between, because most people message me with reasonable offers and that's fantastic.

If you're going to call me self-righteous, than drop the 'knows best' because it's redundant and enough with the discouragement bullshit, it's too funny. Oh and I would watch who you call self-righteous when you're the one making personal attacks. Naughty.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
In less than a day that this thread's been alive, I know all I need to know about trading with the OP.

With this belligerent attitude, I wouldn't trade LCR (if I even had it) for that entire list.

I'm so glad you intuitively know what anyone contacting you is thinking when they make a trade offer.

If you're so worried about value and money, sell your crap and try to buy what you want. Then you'll see just how lowballed you can really get.

EDIT: It's always amusing to read how some people are too afraid of underselling themselves to make any offers of their own, then get all indignant when the offers they receive don't meet their own contrived sense of value.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rik Van Horn
United States
Livonia
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
broken clock wrote:
Rokkr wrote:
broken clock wrote:
Rokkr wrote:

Bullshit.

Wrong about what, exactly? I don't need to be polite to people I have no interest in trading with. These individuals are few and far between, because most people message me with reasonable offers and that's fantastic.

If you're going to call me self-righteous, than drop the 'knows best' because it's redundant and enough with the discouragement bullshit, it's too funny. Oh and I would watch who you call self-righteous when you're the one making personal attacks. Naughty.

Personal; attacks? Your answer to my statement of how I handle inequitable offers was
Quote:
bullshit

As far as I can tell your intent was to call me a liar.
Now that could be construed as a personal attack.

Now here's a personal comment on you and feel free to ask for me to be banned for it if you wish.

You are childish. You actually sent me a pissy little trade request, which I declined politely.

You really need to work on your anger issues, as I told you politely in my response to your trade proposal taunt.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Dooley
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
broken clock wrote:

I'm okay with being rude to these individuals, because they are obviously not people I have any interest in trading with in the future or talking to. It's not necessarily anger that motivates the response, but rather a "are you fucking kidding me?" thought.

Wow...What an attitude. I don't know how you can "be okay being rude" to people because of a trade they propose to you. I mean, with your subsequent comments, I know I wouldn't fathom a trade with you. I dunno, I guess I was always taught a little tact and politeness goes a lot farther than general douche-baggery.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Ottawa
Ontario
msg tools
Rokkr wrote:
broken clock wrote:
Rokkr wrote:
broken clock wrote:
Rokkr wrote:

Bullshit.

Personal; attacks? Your answer to my statement of how I handle inequitable offers was
Quote:
bullshit

As far as I can tell your intent was to call me a liar.
Now that could be construed as a personal attack.

Now here's a personal comment on you and feel free to ask for me to be banned for it if you wish.

You are childish. You actually sent me a pissy little trade request, which I declined politely.

You really need to grow up a little, as I told you politely in my response to your trade proposal taunt.

'Bullshit' is not a personal attack.

You declined my legitimate offer and I have to say, I was a little hurt. Accusing me of being hot-tempered and manifesting pointless rage is not being polite.

As I've said before, the more you post, the more offers I'll get. Hell, I've received more offers from this thread than I ever have from other trade threads. Mind you, the quality of games is a little higher than my previous threads.

It baffles me why you're wasting your time in this thread. I'm here because I'm selling and trading games and because I'm wonderfully entertained. Plus I'm being paid to be at my computer! It's a trifecta of awesome!

I truly hope you're reconsider my offer. It was most certainly reasonable.

EDIT: Keep in mind that the internet is serious business! When I type, I am truly foaming at the mouth with anger and resentment. Har.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Ottawa
Ontario
msg tools
wittdooley wrote:
broken clock wrote:

Wow...What an attitude. I don't know how you can "be okay being rude" to people because of a trade they propose to you. I mean, with your subsequent comments, I know I wouldn't fathom a trade with you. I dunno, I guess I was always taught a little tact and politeness goes a lot farther than general douche-baggery.

You just have to know who can get away with being rude to. I'm rude to people who are rude to me, be it in a trade proposal or on the forums. Take note that I didn't bother arguing with wytefang or Tgov, because I perceived their responses to be polite and reasonable. I perceive super low ball offers as being rude, thus I respond accordingly. You don't and that's okay. No need to be "self-righteous".

Here is my strategy for trading up: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/3607356#3607356 Take note that the thread starter thumbed that comment. It's a great way to handle a difference in monetary value of a board game.

But again, denying me a trade in the future, that would never have been made anyway, breaks my heart.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Ottawa
Ontario
msg tools
Added Tide of Iron.

I probably will not trade this away since there are only two big box games I'm interested in (Starcraft and Conan)

EDIT: I should have stated that I can only trade this within country. Sorry, should have made this clear. The shipping is just too much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Dean
United States
Athens
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Amish Tech Support
mbmbmbmbmb
broken clock wrote:
wittdooley wrote:
broken clock wrote:

You just have to know who can get away with being rude to. I'm rude to people who are rude to me, be it in a trade proposal or on the forums. Take note that I didn't bother arguing with wytefang or Tgov, because I perceived their responses to be polite and reasonable. I perceive super low ball offers as being rude, thus I respond accordingly. You don't and that's okay. No need to be "self-righteous".

Here is my strategy for trading up: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/3607356#3607356 Take note that the thread starter thumbed that comment. It's a great way to handle a difference in monetary value of a board game.

But again, denying me a trade in the future, that would never have been made anyway, breaks my heart.

Can't we all just get along?angry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
broken clock wrote:

I'm okay with being rude to these individuals,

I'm not.

Please remember the Short List of BGG Rules, visible above the Submit button every time you post:

Quote:
The Short List:
Use common courtesy in your posts
Respect others

Thanks.

-MMM
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.