Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zenjoy
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With the exception of being obstructed, I find most games I've played of A Touch of Evil result with a VERY similar pattern.

1) Go to either the Windmill or Manor
2) Search until you find an item
3) Go to the other location
4) Search till you find an item
5) Go to the Ruins or Woods
6) Repeat stages 2-4
7) Move to begin showdown

This is in a compeditive game, but the facts are regardless of who I play it seem the top locations are the easier to deal with and once you've got something from either it makes dealing with other spots easier.

Am I missing something? I realize the book does suggest what each location is good at, but this pattern just seems VERY constant to date. Any insight from other players would be good in regards to why I would go South first before heading North?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clark Remedies
United States
Bossier City
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In my opinion It depends on what Hero you play. "Fighter" types might fare better heading South first. Good weapons down there. While the "Bookish" ones may do better up North. And the "Actor" one would do better finding somewhere to hide. heh. But overall when I play my first instinct isn;t to find weapons, but to find investigation. Probably why I like Cooke so much. But anyway back to your original observation, or question. Every game is different for me. Tonight I played Inspector Cooke and i stayed mainly around the Windmill... well actually mainly i stayed knocked out... Here is my point...or my suggestion: Next game switch it up a little. Head straight to the Abandoned Keep. Try to enjoy the game and don't necessarily try to "beat" the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
LIFEFORM - LATE PLEDGE NOW!!!
badge
LIFEFORM - LATE PLEDGE NOW!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Every game is different, depending on character (spirit characters to spirit locations, vice versa for cunning), appearance of investigation, hand of events cards, monster locations (dependent on villain), whether to gamble the more dangerous/rewarding south versus safe but less rewarding north, when to head to blacksmiths for which items (again depending on character) e.g. whether an early horse purchase is worth the lost investigation. Not sure how you could gamble just sitting on the same location, never happens in our games!

Plenty of variation to keep us going till something wicked comes, er, this way . . .

ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.