Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
34 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Chit Chat

Subject: Who's off the 3rd for the 4th? (USA Independence Day holiday time off) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dear USA Chit Chatters:

Are you off for Independence Day? If so, when? 7/3, 7/4, 7/6???

Inquiring minds want to know!!!

All 3 of us are off tomorrow, Friday, 7/3/09.

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!laughlaughlaugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Jennings
United States
San Diego
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I would assume that a majority of salaried 9-5er's would have tomorrow off as a floating holiday. I do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kahnt
United States
Youngstown
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
It's fun, it's healthy, it's good exercise. The kids will just love it. And we put a little sand inside to make the experience more pleasant.
badge
You know, they say there was a man who jumped from the forty-FIFTH floor? But that's another story...
thermogimp wrote:
I would assume that a majority of salaried 9-5er's would have tomorrow off as a floating holiday. I do.

I would, but I opted to use my floating holiday as one of my 'vacation days' last week for my wife's surgery...

yay.

-DK
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Jackson
United States
Mather
California
flag msg tools
OK, one time Randy Beaman had to take baths with his brother. So one time his little brother took a potty in the bathtub .....and now Randy Beaman gets to take showers alone. 'K, bye.
badge
One time, OK, see, one time Randy Beaman's little brother ate Pop Rocks and drank a soda at the same time and his head exploded! 'K, bye.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm off the 3rd per our holiday schedule and taking Monday off as a PTO day.

The Mrs. has to work tomorrow so I'm having a few boys over for some day gaming!

We'll have Monday off together, but we're unsure what we'll do with the girls.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carc >> BSG
United States
Topeka
Kansas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I do, but I'm going to the office anyway. Some days the office is more of a vacation than staying at home, especially if no one else is there.

I did not say this.

I was not here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pakpreo
United States
Cambridge
MA - Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in the office tomorrow. The client is in their office so someone needs to be in tomorrow too. Yay.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, I have tomorrow off for the 4th. Unfortunately, I am also working on a strategic business plan (sounds impressive, but in reality, meh, not so much), so I've brought the laptop home. angry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
So it goes
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
If you can't walk, crawl. If you can't crawl..... well, you know the rest.
badge
Any game is the right game with the right crowd.
mbmbmbmbmb
Furloughed today (2nd), paid holiday tomorrow. Back to work on Monday. I put the furlough day to good use and had tons of fun with the kids and grandparents. Money isn't everything, it helps, but it isn't everything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy Wiles
United States
Macon
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

No. As a state employee who sits at a desk all day, I don't get time off. I got mattress sale day off. But the daycare is closed, so I won't be at work. I'll be taking a sick day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todays avatar: Last time I saw Axl he was waiting for his forever home.
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Pet photographer, that's me.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm off tomorrow. I'm taking the purty rifle going to the range in the AM. On Saturday, there is a neighborhood 4th of July Celebration held a block and a half from my digs. It's big as some small town events. Beer stand, corn dogs, funnel cakes, Lemon Shake Ups, Arts and crafts, hot single women (some of whom may be straight), young couples with children, attractive women my age walking their dogs, dogs my age walking their dogs, live music all day and a decent fireworks display. I usually walk down and back several times during the course of the day and sometimes nap in between trips. Of course, if I leave the neighborhood I might as well forget about parking within six blocks of my digs until after 11:00 PM.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Exit 191
United States
Buckeye
Arizona
flag msg tools
Look to the past and learn for the future.
badge
Olympics time!!!
mbmbmb
I am off the 3rd, but work the 4th (because the State is off on Friday and not Saturday). The State is never there Saturday, but that doesn't mean that we would actually get off on the actual Independence Day. Actually I don't mind, I think most will think we are closed on Saturday so we can just drink coffee and watch the lack of cars as our pay checks grow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
Off on the 3rd. But I'll probably do the WFH thing anyway for at least a bit. There's some stuff I gotta get done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Eager
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
DBA Junkie
badge
"A Book should serve as the Ax for the frozen sea within us."-- KAFKA
mbmbmbmbmb
Me. But I'm so loaded with vacation/personal leave I took a couple days extra...I've been off since Wednesday suckaz! Muwhahaha!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Count
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I will be working tomorrow (3rd)...I am maxed out on my vacation (400 hours), and have about a 100 in CTO, but I have too much to do.

I do have the 4th off, and I am not on-call, so I should have a good time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Franka
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I am a state employee but work under contract in a county health clinic. The county has given its employees July 3rd as a holiday, but the state has not. So I was told I could take a vacation day, or get moved to another state health clinic for the day. Vacation days are very slow to accrue. So I'm working tomorrow...by choice...kind of.

Country = holiday
State = NO holiday
County = holiday

I love America.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bah Doo
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope, surprised?

Although it's my birthday on 7/7 ... but I'm still not off then. Maxed out my free days.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Hunt
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Have tomorrow (well, today, now) off, and taking a belated anniversary weekend away - Karyn's grandpa's funeral was on our anniversary in May.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Sol
Brazil
São Paulo
SP
flag msg tools
admin
All engines full to awesome land!
badge
*tap* *tap* Is this thing on?
mbmbmbmbmb
At work right now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pakpreo
United States
Cambridge
MA - Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm at work right now. BORED. I demand entertainment. And for people to take their turns.

Sorry Susan!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rappak wrote:
I'm at work right now. BORED. I demand entertainment. And for people to take their turns.

Sorry Susan!

Soooooooo, Susan???????? ninja ninja

Do tell Rappy!!!

MMB
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pakpreo
United States
Cambridge
MA - Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
EgorjLileli wrote:
Rappak wrote:

Sorry Susan!

Soooooooo, Susan???????? ninja ninja

Do tell Rappy!!!

MMB

I blocked her in Myerakinos. I didn't realize it was her first time playing. I'm mean and evil.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pakpreo
United States
Cambridge
MA - Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, You should play with us! Come on MMB! You can do it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
My wife sneaked up behind me while I was working in the garden. I was so startled I soiled myself.
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
I think that all right-thinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am.
mbmbmbmbmb
I have today (the 3rd) off, as Barksdale Air Force Base -- where I work -- is "closed", i.e. all non-essential personnel (civilian (like me) and military) are required to stay home. I get it as a paid holiday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Kinney
United States
Bellefontaine
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks to a mandatory salary cut, and our main customer extending their shutdown period, this year I get twice the time off for the 4th, and only half the pay!

(Vacation 'til the 2nd, paid holiday the 3rd, locked out all next week.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
That is not Depeche but rather
United States
Grandville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm at work today, but I get Monday off. I planned it that way. Partly because there is a good chance they'll just send us home early today, and partly because Monday sucks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.