Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sue Hemberger

Washington
Dist of Columbia
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Am I correct in assuming that you need to use the letter you've drawn at the beginning of your turn in your word (but that it can occur anywhere in the word)? Oddly, the rules don't say that it has to be used. Then again, they don't seem to anticipate you storing letters from turn to turn.

Seems like a huge luck of the draw element since the color you draw has a big effect on your ability to score bonuses.

2. What's the algoritm for computing points? The single scoring example in the rules seems really ambiguous to me.

Theory A would be that you first add the letter values together and then apply the bonus based on the order of the letters in the word (which assumes that you kept track of which letter came from which spot on the board), going from left to right.

Theory B is that there's a set order of operations
1. add up points on tiles
2. add Royal Flush bonus if you qualify
3. apply the "suit" bonuses, if activated (double for certain suits; RF bonus doubles if there's an associated suit bonus)
4. treat the sum of the first 3 as your "word points" which are then doubled and/or tripled if the relevant disks have been used.

Those may not be the only possible explanations, but both occurred to me. How do you calculate scores?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.