Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Hall
United States
Mesa
AZ
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought War of the ring and got these with it. I really just wanted the game and he wanted to get rid of these. THere is about 1500 or so of these he said there was just a mixed and he did not sell the rares. How much do you think I could get for these. I play ccg sometimes but ill stick to magic and the rare game of 7th sea.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will M. Baker
United States
Silverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
I'd recommend looking on eBay, to see what price large collections are selling for. Lack of rares will diminish its value to collectors, but for someone just starting out it could be fun to buy a lot of cards all at once. (I'd be tempted myself if I didn't already have so many.)

I recently bought a Return of the King booster box for $12.00. Round that up to about $15.00 after my shipping, divide by 348 cards per box (36 of which are rares) to arrive at about 4.5¢ per card. Take your 1500 cards multiplied by 4.5¢ to get approximately $70.00.

Now, a Return of the King booster is quite common at the moment, so if your cards are from a scarcer set they might fetch more. Realms of the Elf-Lords (set #3) and Siege of Gondor (set #8) booster boxes are the ones I see asking for the most (I don't know whether they're actually selling or not), so cards from these sets might make your collection more valuable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Hall
United States
Mesa
AZ
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok thanks for the info. I keep an sauron out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Jordal
United States
Austin
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Ike Clanton painted by me for Wild West Exodus
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately not very much

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.