Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ned Leffingwell
United States
Ames
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a question about sea movement and actions. Do you spend your action points after completing a move or upon declaration of your intent?

For example, if you plan an amphibious move, and the player who controls the seas doesn't allow the move and you choose not to move any airplanes, do you lose your action? Do you now only have 2 actions left even though you didn't move anything? Do you waste that action or do you get to use it to do something else?

What about trading? If the sea-owning player blocks a trade, have you lost one action? Or do you get to spend that action again on something else?

Thanks for the help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin S.
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good question. I would assume it's for your group to decide.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Kuhn

Indianapolis
Indiana
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When you attempt to MOVE, you must place the units you intend to move in the sea space or on the sea lane. If blocked, you have used that action.

When trading, a 'blocked' trade does NOT count as using your action, as stated on page 18 of the basic rules set.

In both cases, a player is allowed to 'pre-ask' for permission, in an attempt to discover whether the player who controls the sea will allow the desired action. But the player can - when the action actually occurs - change their mind!

Hope you enjoy the game...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ned Leffingwell
United States
Ames
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TedFK wrote:

Hope you enjoy the game...

Thanks and I have been enjoying it! This is a type of game that I have been looking for, a conquer the world game that is not too long and not too complex but still fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.