J Holmes
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Rather than playing a card, can a player discard a card or cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Basil
United States
Clayton
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought you had to discard before drawing, meaning that if you wanted to discard you did it before drawing, and you could only get rid of one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Holmes
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks, I had missed it in the rules, and saw something about 2 zombie players being able to discard 1 each, wasnt sure if 1 zombie player could discard a card before drawing or not.

Any other answers much appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Lamb
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
Zombie players are never forced to discard unless they go above their hand size (such as the card "Oh, the Horror!"

In a game with two zombie players, each zombie player separately decides whether to discard a card (so they could discard 0, 1, or 2 cards - but each player is limited to discarding one).

In a game with just one zombie player, they can still choose to discard (only one card) or not before drawing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
.308 Jake
Canada
Hamilton
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought with one zombie player he could discard & draw up to 2 cards. I don't have the rules in front of me to check though. I could be wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Biodiesel
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules say that "each zombie player may discard one card before drawing". Up until that point, the rules were differentiating between one zombie player and two, so we should assume that it doesn't differentiate there on purpose. Thus, the zombie player may only discard one card.

Perhaps a FAQ or online ruling changed/clarified this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.