Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Darrell Perrins
United Kingdom
Benson
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A 'First Edition' copy of TT just sold on eBay for 112 GBP!!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3601647...

Most games never make it beyond the first edition anyway. Although TT second ed is due to be released by JKLM soon for a princely £27. Even with the sickly graphics that sounds like a better deal to me.

Is £112 anything like a realistic price, I really like TT, but I wouldn't say it was a classic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Holmes
United Kingdom
Shipley
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow! I guess we're going to see a flood of 1st ed 'Tinner's Trail' flooding on to the market.

Also, seeing as though 'After the Flood' and 'Steel Driver' have all gone OOP I wonder if:

a. we're going to see spectacularly high prices for these?

b. Martin Wallace will decide to increase the limited edition print run from 1500 on future releases?

Mark

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Dean
United Kingdom
Bedford
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the main reason is that the new artwork hasn't been very well received, judging by what I've been reading here. It seems there are a small number of people for whom that matters enough to pay a hefty premium.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zé Mário
Portugal
Porto
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a nice game, but it certainly isn't worth 112£, IMO.

Maybe for collectors, I don't know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Great Barford, Bedford
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
This site needs a forum where we can put the faux offended so we can ignore them.
mbmbmbmbmb
Dannecus wrote:
A 'First Edition' copy of TT just sold on eBay for 112 GBP!!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3601647...

Most games never make it beyond the first edition anyway. Although TT second ed is due to be released by JKLM soon for a princely £27.

Even though i'm less than impressed with the 2nd edition graphics (though I reserve final judgement until I see the board in the Flesh cardboard) a pre-order price of £20.40 + £2.50 p&p was too hard to resist.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As I understand it, there are a number of reasons why a Treefrog game has a print ruin of 1500 copies. AFAIK, there are no plans at all to alter that total. Each game is intended to have a limited run of 1500 copies, and I'd be very surprised if Martin re-printed any title or upped the print run of future titles. However, if a game is successful enough and demand is there, he has said that he will licence the game to be picked up by a third party. As has happened with JKLM and Tinners Trail, and also Phalanx(?) and Automobile. I expect that pattern to continue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike B
Netherlands
Utrecht
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mr_mrholmes wrote:
Wow! I guess we're going to see a flood of 1st ed 'Tinner's Trail' flooding on to the market.

Mark

I sure hope so. I'd certainly be willing to fork out more than the newprice for a played copy of the Treefrog version.

This particular one was way too steep pricewise for me. The high price might be because it was still unplayed and had a low serial number?

So anyone reading this who ownes a Treefrog Tinner's Trail version and is either bothered with the money track, or just wants to make a profit: make me an offer I can't refuse!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mr_mrholmes wrote:

But if I sold my copy, I wouldn't be able to play it anymore!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Einmal ist keinmal
United States
Andover
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
You'll Never Walk Alone
mbmbmbmbmb
mr_mrholmes wrote:
Martin Wallace will decide to increase the limited edition print run from 1500 on future releases?

I doubt it. 1,500 games is enough to sign individually.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
SoRCon 11 23-25 Feb 2018 Basildon UK http://www.sorcon.co.uk
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Desiderata wrote:
1,500 games is enough to sign individually

Just. Martin signed a thousand in a day last Essen. I think even half way through he was regretting the plan.

(There was a small army of supporters to make that happen - from opening multi-game cases at one end of the queue, to putting them back in cases at the other end, with Martin signing in the middle.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Boote
United Kingdom
Virginia Water
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't forget the Big Spider Incident - so someone, somewhere has a squashed spider as well as a signature!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Einmal ist keinmal
United States
Andover
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
You'll Never Walk Alone
mbmbmbmbmb
Chrisboote wrote:
Don't forget the Big Spider Incident - so someone, somewhere has a squashed spider as well as a signature!

...which should make that copy worth double!!! Only one of a kind!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Brown
United Kingdom
Southampton
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually bid on this game as I really want a copy.Unfortunately I only value the game at around £40 max which is almost double the retail value when it first came out.I couldn't believe the final price.However the game is hard to come by, I should know I've tried everywhere.I was offered one in trade for a copy of Command and colors Ancients recently,I wish now I had taken this up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Hamilton
United Kingdom
Stockport
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am fairly sure that the reprint will be here before too long so I really can't understand the price. That said all it takes is two people who really want the game and the price goes silly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Springer
United States
Brooklyn
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd really like a copy of the Treefrog version, as it's the only game in the set I'm missing...but I'm not willing to pay the $60 it's available for from some retailers, as the game isn't really THAT good. 120GBP is beyond rediculous!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zack W.
United States
Topeka
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Where have you seen it available? (I've been looking...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Springer
United States
Brooklyn
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Boards and Bits had it last week, but they're out now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
Draper
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd sell my copy for 120GBP. I can handle a less picturesque copy since it only comes out about 3-4 times a year. If someone wants it _that_ bad, they need it more than I do. I love the unique theme and how the mechanisms are perfect for the theme. Very unique, compared the mish-mash of overused mechanics as of late. That being said, the scoring track is rather wonky, and the money track - ditto. I hope everyone is happy when they change their mind and go with new artwork - sound familier? It has happened and might happen again with the outcry on the new TT artwork; Municipium anyone?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Wyman
United States
Lawrenceville
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey y'all,

I'm the guy who bought Tinners' Trail for 112 pounds. I needed it to finish off my Treefrog Line, plus I wanted this printing of the game, not the new one. Unfortunately, it came in with some shipping damage, due to not being properly packaged. Since I am a perfectionist, and was looking for a copy in collector's quality, I am going to put this up for sale here on BGG as in "Acceptable" condition. The inner contents of the game are perfect, just the box took a few hits. Give me a couple days to get some good photos to upload, and it will be posted.
Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
Draper
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
okay, 112 pounds. That still is a lot of money when I think you could have found one cheaper, in shrink and no damage. Did it have to be in shrink? Was the number low on it? if I were you I'd check out the subscription to treefrog games' next 4 offerings. I would've done it awhile back but the war games are not my cup of tea. You could've spent the 112 and almost paid for the next subscription, so you don't have to go through ebay again. Now, who on the other end spiked your bid to 112 - it takes two unless it was a threshhold that needed to be reached. I kinda doubt that it would be that high though. And I'm guessing no "buy it now" availability. Good luck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Springer
United States
Brooklyn
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tinner's Trail wasn't available for a subscription, though....which is why it was, until last week, the only one in the series I didn't have!

Seems like you need to either subscribe or find out quickly that you like the games from the Treefrog line, if you want to get a copy. TimeWellSpent got in 24 copies of Automobile and they sold out in 4 hours!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
Draper
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh yeah, that was the only one without a subscription. I lucked out because I corresponded with Martin before it was to be published, and when the window opened for orders, I jumped on it. My wife is a frog fanatic, so I had to get the first Treefrog games game for her. It also helped that it wasn't war based like the others announced at the time (steel driver was not announced yet). Also helped that we like most of his games AoS especially. So, I'm sure you will have offers soon enough of anyone trying to unload theirs for $180, about equivalent of 112 pounds. As the hype (you initially sparked) goes down, it should get more reasonable. Hope you find a good copy soon.

As for finding ut if the game is good. He does offer the rules about a month beforehand, and since lately they are much better than his warfrog line, you can figure if you would like it from the rules alone...or that is how I do it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Wyman
United States
Lawrenceville
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for your responses and information. I did just list the game up for sale, and I listed it in "good" condition. I'll be happy to forward photos to anyone interested. I am just trying to recoup some of the money I spent on this copy, being that I want a copy that is in more of a collector's condition. Thanks for your help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
Draper
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm I could put all 4 treefrog releases I have at $1000 for the lot of them, and see if anyone is even more against new artwork.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corin A. Friesen
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Dannecus's Subject wrote:
What is a copy of Tinners Trail Worth?

Nothing, so you can just give it to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.