8 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Europe » England

Subject: Calling all UK gamers - WIN Innsmouth Horror! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rick Blanco
msg tools
Hi All,

Game, Setup and Match has been launched with the aim of bringing UK gamers closer together. We hope to be a portal for any gamers in the UK to be able to find similar-minded groups and broaden their gaming circles. We also hope to setup local tournaments and events between groups/clubs.

As well as offering the Matchmaking boards, we have news, reviews, opinions, events, tournaments and more.

With a view to helping to kickstart the site, we are giving away a copy of Innsmouth Horror (or an alternative voucher prize) to anyone that signs up to the forum during the month of July. Just go to www.gamesetupmatch.com and follow the community link.

Many thanks for looking. We are always looking for feedback so please sign up and let us know what you think!

Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SIMON WRAY
Bermuda
Devonshire
Devonshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i tried to register - but the security code field appears to be locked or not working (under Firefox 3). i.e. you simply can't type in the security code.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Thrower
United Kingdom
Bath
Somerset
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Revenant wrote:
i tried to register - but the security code field appears to be locked or not working (under Firefox 3). i.e. you simply can't type in the security code.

It works, but it's very un-user friendly. Try typing in the box and then passing your mouse over it, button down, as though you were selecting text. You'll see the text is there, but it's black on black! You have to type both words, with a space in the middle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary
United Kingdom
Brighton
East Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
oooh that tickles!
mbmbmbmbmb
Call me Mr. Cautious - but does anyone know this BGG user?

It seems a little unusual for someone to go to the trouble of setting this up, who appears not to be involved in BGG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Tavener
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
The overtext below is true.
badge
The overtext above is false.
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks OK to me - looks like this is an online shop trying to build a community. makes good business sense; good luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laurence Parsons
United Kingdom
Charfield
flag msg tools
Old enough to know what's right
badge
Young enough not to choose it
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks legit to me too.
Will have to see how well it takes off. If I want forum debates, I can usually get my fill here
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jez Higgins
United Kingdom
Birmingham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know the user, but they seem legit to me. They distributed a whole load of fliers at UK Games Expo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Fightmaster
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Noble concept... egregiously ugly site.

While it has my wholehearted support as an enterprise, I can't help but think that a lick of slightly less retina-scrambling paint might help it out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.