M@tthijs
Netherlands
Venlo
flag msg tools
This user is outstanding in mediocre videogaming
badge
Did you visit my www.kobudovenlo.nl? It has game info
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm tempted to bid on this game in an auction. It has a high rating.
But that only 7 people rated it, kinda scares me.
That there are another 26 people who own it, but haven't taken the effort to rate (or: play) it, scares me more.

There's no review.
In fact, this is the first forum post.
It's hardly on any Geeklist.

So is this a hidden gem?

How does it compare to Jutland or Run Silent, Run Deep?

Thanks,
Matthijs
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael McFall
United States
Manhattan
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll try to clear things up a bit.

Compared to Jutland and Run Silent Run Deep, Kriegsmarine is much more complicated.

It belongs to a four game series which includes IJN, Torpedo and Schnellboote. They are all out of print and all hard to get.

In my opinion, they are just not worth it. The rules are not clearly written, the look of the games is not great. I gave up on the games because there were so many more that were much better.

I never got a chance to actually play because the effort it took to learn wasn't worth it due to no one being interested in giving these games a try.

I would not try it solitaire because it definately would not stand up next to a game like "Carrier".

If the game was reprinted with better graphics and redone rules, it might be worth a good look. As it stands now, "no way".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.