Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
W. Beljo
Germany
Cologne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahoy!

Some rule questions occurd in our last 3 player game.

Thief
Can he steal any one cube of all 4 docks or only form the dock on which his meeple stands? Furthermore can he steal from the docks, if the action was triggered by another player and you are not in the docks with your meeple?

Dividends
When exactly will they be paid? After the action of one player, or after the actions of all players? So if the shop action is activated, one player sells jewelery for 200 and another sells during the same shop action also jewelery for 100. Will dividends occure one time with the worth of 300 or 2 times (200 + 100)?

Shipping Office shares
Can they be sold, if yes is the price 20?
Are the shares anything worth for the end calculation (e.g. 20)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitch Willis
United States
Kathleen
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From my understanding...

BudsBalkan wrote:

Thief
Can he steal any one cube of all 4 docks or only form the dock on which his meeple stands? Furthermore can he steal from the docks, if the action was triggered by another player and you are not in the docks with your meeple?

The thief can only steal from the dock at which he's buying goods. This applies whether or not your meeple/pawn is physically at the docks...

BudsBalkan wrote:

Dividends
When exactly will they be paid? After the action of one player, or after the actions of all players? So if the shop action is activated, one player sells jewelery for 200 and another sells during the same shop action also jewelery for 100. Will dividends occure one time with the worth of 300 or 2 times (200 + 100)?

I'm pretty sure dividends are paid after the action of each player...

BudsBalkan wrote:

Shipping Office shares
Can they be sold, if yes is the price 20?
Are the shares anything worth for the end calculation (e.g. 20)?

Yes, shipping office shares can be sold for 20 ducats...and they're also counted as 20 for the end game calculation as well...

I'm pretty sure these are correct...if not, I'm sure the designer will drop in and let us know as he's very good at clarifying rules questions...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank DiLorenzo
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Well said Mitch, all correct sir!

Frank
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom
United States
Plainfield
ILLINOIS
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So let me see if I have this clear.

In a five player game if four people go to the market and sell goods I get four Dividends worth of money. Then if I sell, I get an additional which makes it worth five dividends worth of money.
So if everyone sells a total of $500 dollars worth of goods ($100 each) I would get 50 ducats?

Also, a player can buy wood at the shop? Your contest had that question and some people are saying yes you can buy wood at the shops?

Am I missing something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank DiLorenzo
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
HI Tom,

There is no dividend for selling at the Mercato (market). A dividend occurs only when using a location that has a stock associated with it.
i.e. the 5 Shops or the 2 Shipping Offices. So let's say 4 people go to the Shops and all of them sell gems at the Jeweler. If you have no Jeweler stock, you would get 0 dividends. If you had 2 shares of Jeweler stock you would receive 4 x 2 = 8 dividends. If you have the Tax Collector you would get 4 extra dividends.

But each dividend is paid out on that player's turn and each can be different from the previous due to the rising price. So if Player A goes to the Jeweler first, the first dividend is paid out at the end of his turn. Say he sold two gems when gems are at 30. The bank pays him 60 each so 120 ducats. The dividend is based on 120 rounded off, so 10% of 100 or 10 ducats. So if you have two shares you receive 20 ducats. If you have the tax collector, you get an extra 10 ducats more.

Then player B sells there. The price is now 40 ducats thanks to the previous sale so he sells 2 more gems for 80 each and receives 160 ducats. The dividend is based on 160 rounded off which is 200 so it's now 20 ducats per share. You receive another 40 ducats for your two shares, plus another 20 if you have the tax collector.

And so on. So, you can't generalize the dividends for a Shop because the price and dividend may change as each player takes their turn.

However,you CAN simplify the dividend at the Shipping Offices. Say 3 players all went to the Shipping Office North. Then, at the end of all three of their turns, you can simply give 30 ducats per share to each shareholder of the Shipping Office North since that dividend is always fixed at 10 ducats per share. Since it was activated three times in a row, the dividend is three x 10 or 30 per share.

As for buying wood at the Shops, no, the answer to that contest question was none of the above. You can only SELL at the Shops, never buy. Wood can only be bought from the Docks or through the Mercato.

If they're not already posted, I'll certainly post the correct answers to the contest questions.

Hope this helps!
Frank
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom
United States
Plainfield
ILLINOIS
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am sorry, this is a linguistics error on my part...I used market and shop as the same with mercato being Market in Italian and for some reason thinking it meant "Merchant"
So I was in fact talking about the shop. Yeah I picked wood because I read the question to fast and switched buy with sell....silly me.
Thanks for the quick response and my game group really loves the game. It is a happy little brain burner. I think some of our mistakes were in interpretation of the language and interpreting words differently. I think we are all set now.
cheers
Tom

rnrgames wrote:
HI Tom,

There is no dividend for selling at the Mercato (market). A dividend occurs only when using a location that has a stock associated with it.
i.e. the 5 Shops or the 2 Shipping Offices. So let's say 4 people go to the Shops and all of them sell gems at the Jeweler. If you have no Jeweler stock, you would get 0 dividends. If you had 2 shares of Jeweler stock you would receive 4 x 2 = 8 dividends. If you have the Tax Collector you would get 4 extra dividends.

But each dividend is paid out on that player's turn and each can be different from the previous due to the rising price. So if Player A goes to the Jeweler first, the first dividend is paid out at the end of his turn. Say he sold two gems when gems are at 30. The bank pays him 60 each so 120 ducats. The dividend is based on 120 rounded off, so 10% of 100 or 10 ducats. So if you have two shares you receive 20 ducats. If you have the tax collector, you get an extra 10 ducats more.

Then player B sells there. The price is now 40 ducats thanks to the previous sale so he sells 2 more gems for 80 each and receives 160 ducats. The dividend is based on 160 rounded off which is 200 so it's now 20 ducats per share. You receive another 40 ducats for your two shares, plus another 20 if you have the tax collector.

And so on. So, you can't generalize the dividends for a Shop because the price and dividend may change as each player takes their turn.

However,you CAN simplify the dividend at the Shipping Offices. Say 3 players all went to the Shipping Office North. Then, at the end of all three of their turns, you can simply give 30 ducats per share to each shareholder of the Shipping Office North since that dividend is always fixed at 10 ducats per share. Since it was activated three times in a row, the dividend is three x 10 or 30 per share.

As for buying wood at the Shops, no, the answer to that contest question was none of the above. You can only SELL at the Shops, never buy. Wood can only be bought from the Docks or through the Mercato.

If they're not already posted, I'll certainly post the correct answers to the contest questions.

Hope this helps!
Frank

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.