Subject: Rule regarding number of cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pedro Batista
Portugal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have one rule that needs clarification, can a player look through the discard pile of another player? Can a player check how many cards the other player have in his/her hand?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Pressler
United States
West Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
OMG! Overtext! How long have I been sleeping?! OVERTEXT! Also, I'm a DESIGNER now?! Sweet! OVERTEXXXXXXT!
badge
HO HO HO! Give me some money!
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules do not specify, but it is fully trackable information. Therefore, we lay our discarded cards in a row next to us so both players can see what has been played. It works well, but you could just as easily use closed discard piles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Pressler
United States
West Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
OMG! Overtext! How long have I been sleeping?! OVERTEXT! Also, I'm a DESIGNER now?! Sweet! OVERTEXXXXXXT!
badge
HO HO HO! Give me some money!
mbmbmbmbmb
As for the number of cards in a player's hand, I would also think that is easily public knowledge. Again, the rules are silent, so you can play it how you like, but I think that should be open.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Wolff
United States
poulsbo
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, it's not explicitly stated in the rules. We take the other approach and keep a face-down discard pile, and some of the tension later in the game is trying to remember what your opponent has or hasn't played already (and trying to remember what YOU've played )

Great game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.