Popular Tags: [View All]
Frank Feldmann SoFrankly
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I played this solo to learn the rules, but it seemed that the British didn't really have a chance, and it was over in 1/2 an hour. Am I missing something? Is that just this scenario? If I were introducing someone to this game, a more evenly matched scenario would be better. Which scenario would that be?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tanks Alot
United States
Fort Mill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
go2 Youtube Historical Gaming
mbmbmbmbmb
I played it too and sometime it is frustrating to play to win these games, but any historical game often makes it difficult to have a fair fight. Some of the games I play like memoir, you are just done from the beginning. Sometimes I find myself thinkin Holy Crap Im glad I wasnt on that side fighting.
The best way Ive found to play HTL isnt solo, but play one side then the other. I love looking at other peoples strategies. Great news here is that HTL is on Vassal now! So I have bought the french indian war expansion as well as For Honor and Glory and Forged in Fire. Seems like they follow the same rule sets.
I am usually a memoir player so its taken me some getting used to because typically in memoir the tanks can move fast and shoot far. This is a very close range game, but I really like it.

I hope we get to play sometime, and good luck with your gaming!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tanks Alot
United States
Fort Mill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
go2 Youtube Historical Gaming
mbmbmbmbmb
Back up the lines on the left to the trenches, and the units to the right move them behind the treeline at the top.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.