Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Brant
Canada
Stittsville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone figured out a decent way to play this game solitaire?

I know it would be nothing like playing against a real opponent but at least it might be an easier way to learn card synergies and deck building.

I find the game i play solitaire the most is Race For the Galaxy. Also a card game but works pretty well with the official Solitaire variant that comes with a gathering storm. However, I'd much rather be playing A Game of Thrones LCG solitaire if I can.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Miller
United States
College Station
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently picked up the new FFG LoTR LCG which is very, very solo friendly. I'm not nearly familiar with AGoT LCG, yet, but, I've been wondering the last day or two how hard it would be to use AGoT cards in a scenario & game-controlled deck approach for solo play as a variant and not change any of the other jousting rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent 57
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Impossible without drastically changing the rules and feel of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Brant
Canada
Stittsville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Eric the Red wrote:
I recently picked up the new FFG LoTR LCG which is very, very solo friendly. I'm not nearly familiar with AGoT LCG, yet, but, I've been wondering the last day or two how hard it would be to use AGoT cards in a scenario & game-controlled deck approach for solo play as a variant and not change any of the other jousting rules.

I'd be interested to see what you come up with. It's fine by me if it's not quite the same as normal play. If it's good, at least I'd still be getting some play out of my cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Mackenzie
Denmark
Billund
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Been trying for several days to come up with something acceptable as a solo variant without too much luck. I've tried scenarios and loaded hands for enemy characters that are randomly revealed as you challenge them, etc, but the game uses too many tactical/resourcing elements and minimising those just lessens the effect of the cards. I was having to change too many rules and ignoring too much text to render many cards from the core set useless.

That having been said I will continue to try. I have a few more ideas such as a tourney with several of the main characters using a hand of secondary characters, attachments and events in a knock out style.

I have a more in depth explanation of what I was trying to achieve with a 'You are Stark' scenario but the set up contained spoilers from the first and second books that I didn't want to post here. PM me if you want to discuss it further. Anyone's help would be appreciated to iron out potential problems.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Box of Delights
United Kingdom
Neston
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
Visit me at www.boxofdelights.net
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi gang,

I've created a robot which allows me to play a solitaire joust (against the robot). I'd post the PDF file up, but it's not been playtested by anyone other than me at the moment. If anyone wants to take a look and do some playtesting, let me know and I can post you the rules and see how you get on with it.

It's pretty fun so far, but does require some dice for the robot's decision making and a few extra tokens for "credits" - so, yes there are a few rule additions for the robot, but otherwise characters, locations, attachments and events play just the same.

let me know !

cheers, Ricky.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Brant
Canada
Stittsville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd love to try them when I get a chance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Box of Delights
United Kingdom
Neston
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
Visit me at www.boxofdelights.net
mbmbmbmbmb
ricky2002 wrote:
Hi gang,

I've created a robot which allows me to play a solitaire joust (against the robot). I'd post the PDF file up, but it's not been playtested by anyone other than me at the moment. If anyone wants to take a look and do some playtesting, let me know and I can post you the rules and see how you get on with it.

It's pretty fun so far, but does require some dice for the robot's decision making and a few extra tokens for "credits" - so, yes there are a few rule additions for the robot, but otherwise characters, locations, attachments and events play just the same.

let me know !

cheers, Ricky.

I've created a separate thread for my robot here:- http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/7494628#7494628
Cheers, Ricky.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.