Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kurt Rompot
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The module rules state that an HMMWV can button. But HMMWV are unarmored vehicles since they have asteriks for armor values.

What is the advantage to having an HMMWV button? Does this make it act as if it is "armored" and therefore immune to small arms fire while buttoned?

I'm not getting something here....

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Lewis
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The HMMWV buttons when it's Shaken, as all vehicles w/ a turret or top-firing MG or mortar must. It's not an advantage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt Rompot
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK - I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.

It seems kind of like a needless rule for an unarmored vehicle especially for a game system that prides itself on keeps things simple.

Why not just treat the HMMWV's the same as any other unarmored vehicle such as the Technicals?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Lewis
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Indeed. I think it's b/c at one point we had armor values of 1 for the Humvees, but axed them b/c they weren't up-armored yet in 1993. Historically the Humvees took a beating and kept going, thus I think we used the Ranger Tough SSR for them: they absorb the first Shaken result. (That's off the top of my head though.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike NZ
New Zealand
LOTR
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes the SSR for the A Day Of Heroes has special rules re vehicles pt #4 under SSR rules as 'Ranger Tough' reflecting the fact that the convoys went thru hell & still managed to return to base! The vehicles were riddled with bullets, several had taken RPG hits and one had lost an axle but ALL the vehciles made it back to base. 'Ranger Tough' SSR's are there to reflect this. (see flip side pf the scenario card "Convoy to Hell" and "A Day of Heroes"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.