Nürnberg
Germany
flag msg tools
Mountainbike
badge
Roadbike
mbmbmbmbmb
Poll
Do you prefer CC: Europe or CC: Pacific?
Combat Commander: Europe
Combat Commander: Pacific
      60 answers
Poll created by malteh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
the scrub
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Where's both?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Christopher
United States
Salem
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
In the wonderful game, Bonaparte at Marengo, this is how to get nasty Frenchies out of a village.
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't played enough of CC to truly compare them. I will say that I'm happy about some of the things that were added in Pacific, such as aircraft and the chance to get artillery, plus most of the chrome specific to the theater (especially the Japanese in general). I do very much prefer the Jam triggers, Rout, and Rally cards in Europe.

Edit: Thus, I'm another who'd want a "both" option. They're different enough to warrant it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buetow
United States
McHenry
Illinois
flag msg tools
Combat Commander Archivist
badge
Move! Advance! Fire! Rout! Recover! Artillery Denied! Artillery Request! Command Confusion...say what?!
mbmbmbmbmb
I replied in the other forum "Pacific" but yeah, a "both" option would probably be the best answer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malte Menger
Germany
Nürnberg
Germany
flag msg tools
Mountainbike
badge
Roadbike
mbmbmbmbmb
is there a possibility to edit a poll?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Workman
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Both...or "all of the above"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Borat Sagdiyev
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I definately like CC:E more than CC.

I play CC:E/Med/Paras/Stalingrad almost on a weekly basis since two years ago. I just can't get enough.laugh

Quite on the contrary, I traded away CC after half dozen games. I found the pacing of the game slower and the strategic options more limited.

But, above all, I couldn't buy into the new Revive or Asset Denied orders and missed Recovers and Routs, the Jammed trigger and quite a few of the original actions such as Assault, Spray Fire, Concealment or Dig In.

Yet, I loved the Japanese. There were some really interesting design tweaks in both the Japanese deck and some of their units' special abilities.

In any case, to each his own.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M·ANTONIVS·M·F·M·N
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
Mein Luftkissenfahrzeug ist voller Aale
mbmbmbmbmb
To each his own is right. I love both games to death.....I started on Pacific and then aquired the other games afterwards and the only things I dislike about CC:E are the "Jammed" "Recover" and "Rout" actions.

I know that the asset denied vs. jammed has been argued to death already but in my opinion CC:P is a superior game in all respects. It runs smoother .... the decks contain more useful cards.....the addition of the air support and spotter chits........CC:P has it all baby.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chick Lewis
United States
Claremont
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What Borat said - in spades for me.

Chick

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Borat Sagdiyev
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TonyClifton wrote:
the decks contain more useful cards

Not trying to be argumentative but I would like to point out that the above was another aspect of CC that I didn't like at all.

If you get more useful cards in the decks and less events (i.e. less useful cards unintenionally discarded), hand management becomes kind of superflous most of the time.

Thus, you are basically losing an strategic layer (and a very rich one!) and as a result you usually get shallower and more predictable games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wilson
Canada
Riverview
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wheres ASLSK1 ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malte Menger
Germany
Nürnberg
Germany
flag msg tools
Mountainbike
badge
Roadbike
mbmbmbmbmb
dude163 wrote:
wheres ASLSK1 ?

in my litter bin. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Adamson
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
mb
I play both and my favorite is still CC Europe. Im not in favor of the melee in CC Pacific. The ability to pull out of one just doesn't sit right with me. Chad will disagree with me, but he usually does. :) Im also partial to CC Europe because theres always that possibility of getting that American battle field promotion Private Adamson. Thanks Chad for making me immortal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chadwik
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Chad will disagree with me, but he usually does.

No I don't!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Ruzzo
United States
Manchester
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TonyClifton wrote:
the decks contain more useful cards...

Tell that to the americans, 12 command confusion cards? ack!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Hurst
United States
Gastonia
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do any of you apply some of the rule changes from CC: P to CC: E? For example, moving weapons from unit to unit only via advance order. Or say, leaders not carrying weapons with neg. movt. modifiers.?

Personally, I prefer to keep to the rules as printed, but only if its not likely that a future ed. rulebook will eventually change the rule for CC:E.

What are your thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buetow
United States
McHenry
Illinois
flag msg tools
Combat Commander Archivist
badge
Move! Advance! Fire! Rout! Recover! Artillery Denied! Artillery Request! Command Confusion...say what?!
mbmbmbmbmb
We now use overstacking and double the defense value for auto-elimination.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drake Coker
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
This is my tank for Combat Commander
mbmbmbmbmb
I sometimes use the Tank rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yiannis Avramandis
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like to play with Optional Rules except Night rules and the unlimited Stacking.
Small rules like Voluntary retreat, Panic, Water Cushioning, Mortar Spotting, Near Misses add a lot of chrome meeple.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John McLintock
Scotland
Glasgow
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
badge
"Roll dice and kick ass!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Olvenskol wrote:
I sometimes use the Tank rules.

Still dreaming of Jagdpanthers, eh Drake? Don't you worry, Chad'll get them off the production line sooner or later.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.