United States
Chatham
Illinois
flag msg tools
BoardGameGeek
badge
BoardGameGeek
mbmbmbmbmb
I just found a copy of Axis & Allies Anniversary Edition at Hobbytown USA, on sale ($84.00 USD)! I am very please with the game. But what happened to the P-38 lightnings that were used with A&A:E?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Stewart
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
It's sooo Hot out here...
mbmbmbmbmb
Biomage wrote:
I just found a copy of Axis & Allies Anniversary Edition at Hobbytown USA, on sale ($84.00 USD)! I am very please with the game. But what happened to the P-38 lightnings that were used with A&A:E?

THAT would be in the A&A:AE;P-38 version...

I just picked up the Messerschmidt version last week at my FLGS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Chapman
United States
Powhatan
Virginia
flag msg tools
Axis & Allies Developer and Playtester; War of the Ring Editor and Playtester
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately, it was an unpopular piece, so it was replaced with the Hellcat from Pacific and Guadalcanal. I miss it, also.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Owen
United States
Norwich
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure why it would be an unpopular piece, but it's a little bit of a more appropriate plane because it was carrier-based.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rolando Silva
Puerto Rico
San Juan
Puerto Rico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with not seeing what was wrong with it. The P-38 was the mount of the U.S.'s top two aces, and was also the only front-line fighter serving from the beginning to the end of the war.

People are just such crybabies sometimes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Ozimek
Denmark
Aalborg
flag msg tools
badge
Must resist M:tG. Boardgames are my methadone :)
mbmbmbmbmb
I appreciate that the P38 has been replaced. It just seems wierd.

Anyway, one of the P38's from my Revised game, now serves in AA50 as the Flying Tigers. Not that there has ever been any chance of confusion between a US fighter and the Flying Tigers, but it's a nice little detail

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
3 Minute Boardgames
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ozimek wrote:
I appreciate that the P38 has been replaced. It just seems wierd.

Anyway, one of the P38's from my Revised game, now serves in AA50 as the Flying Tigers. Not that there has ever been any chance of confusion between a US fighter and the Flying Tigers, but it's a nice little detail

Not owning the older AA50 I really wanted a p-38 for the flying tigers. A guy in the USA mailed me two p-38's and I painted and based both and mailed back one to him.

That was win/win for both of us.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.