Joe Steadman
United States
Evans
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I are putting together a gaming group up in our area. We are about an hour and half north of Grand Rapids. (Evart 49631)

We have a nice hall w/ tables and about 300 games at our disposal. We are thinking about having it on Monday or Tuesday nights from 5:00 - after midnight. I prefer wargames but will play designer games, the wife prefers designer games but will play wargames.

Just looking for people interested and input.

Thanks,

Joe and Monica Steadman

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Everingham
United States
Sheridan
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Steadman's

I wish I was a little closer, I would plan on this... I'm in Sheridan, about an hour north of Grand Rapids.. sort of in the middle of the State. If you drew a box on a map from; Grand Rapids to Lansing to Alma and to Mt. Pleasant - you'd find me in the middle. I have a game night every Friday night. I occasionally travel to Grand Rapids for their game day and would love to set aside time to travel to your spot at some point but probably too far to make it a regular thing.

Joe; we have something in common; I'm NOT a former cop but I work at the Montcalm Sheriff Department managing community corrections programs. (more of a teacher/probation) I'm also not a former preacher but one of the people that I game with every Friday is a preacher. I think we'd get along! Anyway, good to know there are other gamers here in Michigan.

Good luck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Gallie

Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Joe and Monica,

My wife and I are close to an hour to the west of you (Scottville) and would be interested in taking part in this group from time to time. Both of us have recently become involved in the hobby and have been looking for people to play with in our area. Let me know if you decide to go forward with this plan.

Thanks,

Jim Gallie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludes
United States
Honor
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Joe and Monica:

Hi. I'm about 1 1/2 - 2 hours NW of you, west of Traverse City. I've been negligent in getting anything going game-wise in this neck of the woods, so I would welcome the chance to occasionally trek to your neck of the woods for some gaming. It's certainly closer than going to East Lansing for the Lansing Board Gamers, which I've done 2 or 3 times.

I'll be subscribed to this thread, awaiting further developments.

Mark

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Steadman
United States
Evans
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, there seems to be some interest, so we will be moving ahead on the idea, stay tuned for more details.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Gallie

Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Joe,

Any new developments with this idea? I'm in the Scottville area to the west of you and am interested in a gaming group that wouldn't be too far away.

Jim

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Steadman
United States
Evans
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a location secured... just looking at what night now... looks like Tuesday 5 - midnight is what will work... thoughts?

Joe

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.