Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric O. LEBIGOT
France
Versailles
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The French version is now available in local stores and online. I got a copy!!

Now, their is a 6-cost development (Prospecting Guild) that gives 1 victory point per "terraformé" card; I did not find any single "terraformé" card in the game: I guess this is a typo and they really meant "terraformeurs", which is present in many cards. What is the English version? does it correspond to the usual terraforming cards of the base game + 1st expansion?

[Edit: corrected sentence about the existence of "terraformé" card in the French edition of the game]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric O. LEBIGOT
France
Versailles
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lebigot wrote:
Now, their is a 6-cost development (Prospecting Guild) that gives 1 victory point per "terraformé" card; it turns out that there is no single "terraformé" card in the game: I guess this is a typo and they really meant "terraformeurs", which is present in many cards. What is the English version? does it correspond to the usual terraforming cards of the base game + 1st expansion?
OK, I'll answer my own question: there is a typo in the French edition: the "Guild des Prospecteurs" gives 1 VP per "terraformeurs" world (not "terraformé")--"Terraforming", in English:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Lehmann
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Yes, 1 VP per ***Terraforming*** card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maël Brustlein
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually there is ONE "terraformé" card in the base game which is "Monde terraformé" (Terraformed world). Of course this makes the typo even worse.

Did you see the typo on Ystari's website (where the card scans show two mistakes: this one and English text on Mercenary fleet) or have you bought the expansion already? I played with it yesterday but I forgot to check Prospecting guild.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric O. LEBIGOT
France
Versailles
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bob Moron wrote:
Did you see the typo on Ystari's website (where the card scans show two mistakes: this one and English text on Mercenary fleet) or have you bought the expansion already?
I did buy the expansion!

The "Guilde des Prospecteurs" is unfortunately has the typo.

The "Flotte Mercenaire" is fully translated, though!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maël Brustlein
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I commented the scans on the website about the whole "terraformé"/"terraformeurs" thing, and Gabriel from Ystari replied that there was no difference between both terms.

WRONG!

Wrong. shake

Unless he's already got his hands on the third expansion and translated it and realized that there actually is a card on which "terraforming" is translated by "terraformé". That would make it less of a typo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Couch
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tom Lehmann wrote:
Yes, 1 VP per ***Terraforming*** card.

Tom,
Why was it a terraformed world? rather than a keyworded terraforming world? You obvouisly thought this all through at creation with the red and blue homeworlds. Would it have been too good?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Lehmann
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
This was discussed and answered in some earlier thread -- the Terraformed World is one where the Teraforming has already been done, and, as such, doesn't count towards this bonus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.