Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric O. LEBIGOT
France
Versailles
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

The -1 bonus for settling Rare Elements worlds applies to production worlds; what about windfall ones? the rule book says it does apply, but the French player aid says it doesn't (and this is what the icon suggests)... So, does the settling bonus apply to windfall worlds? what does the English playing aid say?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It applies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric O. LEBIGOT
France
Versailles
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MasterDinadan wrote:
It applies.
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Lehmann
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
It does apply, as per the rules. The English player aid states: "Subtract 1 from the cost of placing a Rare Elements (brown) world."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lebigot wrote:
Hello,

The -1 bonus for settling Rare Elements worlds applies to production worlds; what about windfall ones? the rule book says it does apply, but the French player aid says it doesn't (and this is what the icon suggests)... So, does the settling bonus apply to windfall worlds? what does the English playing aid say?
Yeah, I kinda wish(ed) the icons for those discounts (brown and yellow windfall and production worlds, and in exp #2, also for green and blue worlds) also had the color on the inside AND outside of the cirles to make them more explicit and consistent with the rest of the iconography. Otherwise, it's still a great system.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Biodiesel
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Which card is the OP referring to? I'm thinking of the starting world that only gives a bonus for Rare Elements production worlds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sappington wrote:
Which card is the OP referring to? I'm thinking of the starting world that only gives a bonus for Rare Elements production worlds.
Mining Robots. Cost/VP = 2/1

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Tubman
United States
CLINTON
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The English rules specifically say that the color specific cost reductions apply to both production and windfall worlds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Biodiesel
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ackmondual wrote:
Sappington wrote:

Okay, I feel dumb, but how did you know it was Mining Robots? I don't see that anywhere in the original subject or post.

Also, where did you get that card image to post here? Is there a repository on this site or did you scan/upload it yourself?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Worley
United States
Vicksburg
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
At 40%, you will stop DoTs! Until then, you will throw more dots, throw more DoTs, more DoTs, more DoTs, come on... more DoTs! Okay! Stop DoTs!
mbmbmbmbmb
If you notice the text at the bottom of a card like Alpha Centauri in the picture below, you will see that is says the reduction in cost applies to windfall worlds as well as regular worlds. Mining Robots and any other cost reduction cards most assuredly work the same way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sappington wrote:
ackmondual wrote:
Sappington wrote:

Okay, I feel dumb, but how did you know it was Mining Robots? I don't see that anywhere in the original subject or post.

Also, where did you get that card image to post here? Is there a repository on this site or did you scan/upload it yourself?

Thanks!
I've played the game with exp #1 enough times that I've memorized all the cards which give you discounts towards brown worlds. There's just the 2, Mining Robots and Alpha Centauri.

The images are linked off of user galleries here on BGG.
Whenever you want to find out more about a image on BGG, just click on that image. In this case, this one is from a BGG user who uploaded all of the cards into his personal Gallery.

Your own gallery can be found here...
At the very top of each BGG page....
hover your mouse cursor over My Geek. Click on Gallery. You can submit your own images that you'd like to reference or perhaps safekeeping.

I have exp #1 cards uploaded in my gallery since there was a period of time where exp #1 card images were not in that other guy's gallery. I still use my own gallery for RftG exp #1 images since mine are in reverse alphabetical order and easy to find.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Biodiesel
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ackmondual wrote:
Yeah, I kinda wish(ed) the icons for those discounts (brown and yellow windfall and production worlds, and in exp #2, also for green and blue worlds) also had the color on the inside AND outside of the cirles to make them more explicit and consistent with the rest of the iconography. Otherwise, it's still a great system.

Agreed. I just re-read the rules, and it's not until page 9 (Card Powers by Phase) that it explicitly links the -1 specific settlement symbol to BOTH production and windfall. On page 7, it alludes to the relationship between a name ("Genes" for example) and what it can describe (production OR windfall).

I think my group stopped reading once we hit the credits on page 8, so we never got to that later explanation. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
United States
Fort Collins
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Had a similar question about Galactic Survey: SETI - do the 2nd and 3rd bonuses apply to windfall worlds as well as "regular" worlds? I'm guessing they do, but still trying to work out the RftG rules and iconography...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
United States
Fort Collins
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks fen!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.