Arkham Horror: Dunwich Horror Expansion» Forums » General

Subject: Dunwich Horror -- First Movement Phase rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Mc Cabe
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why . . . I dream of things that never were and ask why not
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got the three big-box expansions and played Dunwich first.
I combined all the AO's and investigators, so it was Gloria, Mandy, Diana and Bob vs. Ghatanothoa (I.H.)

The first clue appeared at The Science Building (making two).
With this particular AO, when an investigator collects two or more clues, (s)he turns over a special visage token. Seven of them are blank. If the investigator turns over the one with a picture of Ghatanothoa, (s)he is devoured.

I rolled a die eight for a random selection. Seven. Mandy is devoured before I had even had an encounter.

Encounter Spoiler. If you haven't played and don't want to know even one card, skip down to the next double paragrah.

Her replacement is Ursula Downs. In the first (my) encounter in Indy Square (Ursula herself had one earlier in the Unnameable) , Anna Kaslow gave Ursula a tarot reading. In a deck of 103 cards, about four or five having been drawn, the next Mythos was The Story Continues, the only card which would disallow the nuking of the mythos and the drawing of another.

The fun has only just begun, and its only been one game.

Had five doom in the first three mythos, two investigators being drawn into gates during Arkham encounters phase.

Wound up losing on open gates in fourteen Mythos. But had six early and often, winding up with two seals.

Could have had four, but Ursula had to spend six turns in Asylum and hospital after using Flute of the Outer Gods on a Hound of Tindalos, everybody else in Other Worlds or (Bob) having spent their money, and Diana was in OW at the time of awakening. Ursula also spent two clues later on to sneak past a Dark Young in Lost Carcosa.

Brian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.