Popular Tags: [View All]
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Games? People still play games??
badge
Specious arguments are not proof of trollish intent.
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I guess now that we know what a quitter this bimbo is, we're all happy she didn't make it into the White House. Right? Lucky Alaska, to have her now working for you outside of the uncomfortable governmental confines that she now derides. What's the feminine form of "yutz?" Never mind, from now on it's "Palin."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Boykin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
For BJ.....
mb
Link?

Darilian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
You're just pissy because her handler's turned down your Palin/Obama 2016 idea to keep Barack working towards a better America.

With any luck at all she'll win the Presidency in 2012 and we can all come here to see my rants about Obama replaced by yours about Palin.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MisterCranky wrote:
we're all happy she didn't make it into the White House. Right?

Yeah, I'm not sure yet if it's good or bad for the Republicans to lose their leading lunatic. If all of the lunatic followers get a bit more sane as a result, great. But if they coalesce around some new, slightly less deranged lunatic, perhaps it will be bad.

Some have speculated in the past that Palin may be interested in running for president in 2012, but she did not mention running for another office at her press conference. Sources told NBC's Andrea Mitchell that this resignation announcement indicates Palin is out of politics for good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
She'd LIKE to "affect positive change", whereas, perhaps SHE may wish to EFFECT such! I'll give her the "benefit of any doubt" on it there, while the latent 'nay-sayers' would instantly misconstrue that little 'snippet' as being more nefarious in nature or demeanor from it ALL, huh?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snowball
Belgium
n/a
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:

With any luck at all she'll win the Presidency in 2012

Hey old man we are not all ready for the end yet!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:
With any luck at all she'll win the Presidency in 2012 and we can all come here to see my rants about Obama replaced by yours about Palin.

Maybe Elon Musk has the right idea. If Sarah Palin is president, I'm moving to Mars.

Even you wouldn't seriously prefer Palin as president to Obama, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Come on, David. Of course he would. He would sit there drinking beer for four years, fantasizing about making out with the President of the United States. She'd be his dream President.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GROGnads wrote:
She'd LIKE to "affect positive change", whereas, perhaps SHE may wish to EFFECT such! I'll give her the "benefit of any doubt" on it there, while the latent 'nay-sayers' would instantly misconstrue that little 'snippet' as being more nefarious in nature or demeanor from it ALL, huh?

Funny, Robert. The NYT article that was originally sent to my email account had her quoted as saying "affect," but I notice that they have subsequently fixed it to "effect." David's link shows "effect" as well. Clearly she DID say "affect," and this is all just a conservative media whitewash.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
True Blue Jon
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is really sad. Now who is Tina Fey going to impersonate?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James King
United States
North Central Louisiana / No Longer A Resident of the Shreveport/Bossier City Area
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I for one wholeheartedly believe Sarah Palin's claim that she resigned as governor of Alaska because after having earlier announced that she wouldn't be running for a 2nd term as governor, she effectively became a lame-duck governor who wasn't quacked up to be all that maverick after all.

For that reason, after shooting herself in both feet like that, whatever political adroitness for dealing with Alaska's mounting fiscal/budget issues that she might have had simply flew south on her and left her behind looking like a sitting duck.

And now that Caribou Barbie Palin has put herself in the headlights and left herself looking as foolish as Daffy Duck prominently holding up a sign reading "DUCK SEASON" before an assembly of duck hunters, how appropriate it is indeed that all she can think of to mutter aloud to the press is something to the effect of: "You're despicable!"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Welcome Rolling Stones
Latvia
Bullshit
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

This pretty much ruins all my clever ideas for 2012 campaign posters.

Oh well, this was probably a good move for her, as it was obvious she was a joke in politics. I wish her well outside the media spotlight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James King
United States
North Central Louisiana / No Longer A Resident of the Shreveport/Bossier City Area
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

quozl wrote:

Point of Information: Sarh Palin actually impersonated Tiny Fey first some 5-6 years ago at a Halloween party.

Also, Tina Fey only made a limited series of SNL-alumnus-returnee appearances on Saturday Night Live. She's no longer a regular on the show and completed her SNL term two or three years ago.

However, if/when Sarah Palin ever does return in her Daffy Duck act to the political scene and runs for President again, I'm sure that Tiny Fey will only be too happy to don her Palin wig and accent and return to Saturday Night Live to zing Palin all over again.

After all, how could any comedienne resist such a great opportunity when the target of your satire so willingly provides ya with more than enough material in such a manner that it really doesn't take any major re-writing of it but only a minor tweaking of satiric performance thrust in its delivery to illustrate the sheer lunacy of the real Palin's own words?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ShreveportLAGamer wrote:
After all, how could any comedienne resist such a great opportunity when the target of your satire so willingly provides ya with more than enough material in such a manner that it really doesn't take any major re-writing of it but only a minor tweaking of satiric performance thrust in its delivery to illustrate the sheer lunacy of the real Palin's own words.

Does it really take even minor tweaking? From what I've seen of Sarah Palin's appearance today, it could be a SNL skit with no tweaking at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I see you...
United States
Avon
Ohio
flag msg tools
"I made a promise on the grave of my parents...
badge
...that I would rid this city of the evil that took their lives. "
mbmbmbmbmb
I think this makes the case very well.

http://skeptoid.com/episodes/4160
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James King
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

DaviddesJ wrote:
ShreveportLAGamer wrote:
After all, how could any comedienne resist such a great opportunity when the target of your satire so willingly provides ya with more than enough material in such a manner that it really doesn't take any major re-writing of it but only a minor tweaking of satiric performance thrust in its delivery to illustrate the sheer lunacy of the real Palin's own words.

Does it really take even minor tweaking? From what I've seen of Sarah Palin's appearance today, it could be a SNL skit with no tweaking at all.

Oh well, Palin owed us all a genuine SNL skit anyway after forcing pregnant Amy Pohler to perform that special Palin rap song in her behalf while she (Palin) sat complacently merely bobbing her head to the beat of the tune but leaving all the heavy lifting in performing the song to poor Pohler who was even then in her last week of pregnancy. (Yep, exactly one week later -- on a Saturday night at that! -- Amy Pohler gave birth.)

*However,* if Sarah Palin thought that by resigning, she'd be escaping the verdict of those 15 ethics-violations investigations in progress, she has another thing coming. And no, she won't be able to camouflage herself well enough in any duck blind to escape any forthcoming embarrassing findings of those ongoing investigations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
True Blue Jon
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dispaminite wrote:

That was awesome!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dispaminite wrote:

The case for what? I'm almost afraid to ask. That Sarah Palin is just as brilliant and thoughtful as Mahmoud Ahmadinejad? I'll be generous and give you that one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I see you...
United States
Avon
Ohio
flag msg tools
"I made a promise on the grave of my parents...
badge
...that I would rid this city of the evil that took their lives. "
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
Dispaminite wrote:

The case for what? I'm almost afraid to ask. That Sarah Palin is just as brilliant and thoughtful as Mahmoud Ahmadinejad? I'll be generous and give you that one.

DaviddesJ wrote:
Yeah, I'm not sure yet if it's good or bad for the Republicans to lose their leading lunatic. If all of the lunatic followers get a bit more sane as a result, great. But if they coalesce around some new, slightly less deranged lunatic, perhaps it will be bad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John So-And-So
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
badge
You and the Cap'n make it hap'n
mbmbmbmbmb
Now she can do Playboy, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James King
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

CapAp wrote:
Now she can do Playboy, right?

Gov. Sarah Palin has always been able to be interviewed by Playboy, but like her decision not to sing the Palin rap song in that Saturday Night Live comedy sketch, Palin continues to decline such offers because she believes it would be inappropriate for her overall image.

Of course, with all the press that Gov. Mark Sanford has garnered of late, Gov. Sarah Palin just might be envious enough Republican-Presidential-Sweepstakeswise to finally consider engaging in a little oneupsmanship with Sanford and dishing in an interview to Playboy all the details about how her own extramarital affair with her husband's former snowmobile business partner was actually a lot hotter, more compelling, noteworthy and heart-rending than Gov. Sanford's affair with his Argentine "soul mate" mistress.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John So-And-So
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
badge
You and the Cap'n make it hap'n
mbmbmbmbmb
Um, I actually don't read it for the articles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James King
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

CapAp wrote:
Um, I actually don't read it (Playboy) for the articles.

Oh well, then you'll just have to make do with all those PhotoShopped faux-nude pics of Sarah Palin already on the Internet. laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
quozl wrote:

Did you watch any of her press conference? There's enough material in it for another 8 years of Fey's career.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James King
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

MisterCranky wrote:
quozl wrote:

Did you watch any of her press conference? There's enough material in it for another 8 years of Fey's career.

Well, I can nip that rumor in the bud: In her press conference today, soon-to-be-former Gov. Sarah Palin was most definitely NOT auditioning for one of the available regulars slots on NBC's Saturday Night Live.

And just in case she really does think she's ready for prime time, well, in my not-so-humble opinion, I don't think she would ever have made the cut for one of the available regular slots on Fox's cancelled "MAD TV" series. After all, she's just not maverick enough of a potential comedienne.

Maybe after she'd done a stand-up comedy-club tour, she'd realize that she just doesn't have the comedic acting chops and perhaps the campaign trail is indeed home sweet home for her ilk.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [10] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.