Bernd Caspers
Germany
Mönchengladbach
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I´m amazed at all the stuff that will be included in the game and all the variety the game seems to offer.
Since this is a licensed game for you, does that mean that you get support of any kind from the holder of the license to produce even higher quality bits and get an even better price to content ratio for the customer out of the game, than like for your very own games?

When I say this seems to be your biggest game yet,in the context of components and playing content, do I create too great expectations or does it nail the spot?

Also, I´m delighted to see this has gotten a positive response already from the Geek in the form of a really convinced BGG admin playtester, I hope this is a turning point for Twilight Creations reputation on the Geek.

Last, but not least, I have to ask, will "Killer Kerry" make an appearance in this game? laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
I also have high hopes for this game. Crossing my fingers that the components will be of better quality. It will be nice to see the publisher try something new. There's only so many zombie expansions/rethemes you can do before people want something new.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
b. portly

Vancouver
B.C.
msg tools
I was sooo looking forward to this game, but the cards look kinda amateur (would it kill them to hire a designer) and the overall production is not so hot...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernd Caspers
Germany
Mönchengladbach
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
littlewars wrote:
I was sooo looking forward to this game, but the cards look kinda amateur (would it kill them to hire a designer) and the overall production is not so hot...

The cards are drawn, which looks good to me.
If you mean by "professional cards", some pictures photoshopped together then give me "amateur" any day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kerry Breitenstein
United States
Cold Sprin
Kentucky
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
The Jakster wrote:
I´m amazed at all the stuff that will be included in the game and all the variety the game seems to offer.
Since this is a licensed game for you, does that mean that you get support of any kind from the holder of the license to produce even higher quality bits and get an even better price to content ratio for the customer out of the game, than like for your very own games?

Licensing actually costs us more since we have to pay the holder of the license a royalty. This means we will make less per copy than a nonlicensed game. We opted to not charge as much as we could because we want this game to really take off. At $45, I don't think many people will have a problem with the price. We want to make you all happy. When we price a game, we look at what kind of customers we are targeting. Our Zombies!!! game is targeting far more people than the avid gamer, so we need to keep the price down which means the components aren't like ones you would see in a $50 game. This works for that type of game. While the avid game isn't thrilled with the components, others are. It's why the Zombies!!! game sells so well - it can target a lot more with the price point, if that makes sense.

The Jakster wrote:
When I say this seems to be your biggest game yet,in the context of components and playing content, do I create too great expectations or does it nail the spot?

This is definitely our biggest game yet as far as number of components. It has our normal type plastic figures (which have always been of high quality), a tremendous amount of cards (big cards for ones used more, smaller ones for ones which stay in front of the players such as objectives), thicker tiles (similar to Bump in The Night and When Darkness Comes), etc. The people who have seen the game really liked the production (including art, design, etc.). I think you all will be happy with it.

The Jakster wrote:
Also, I´m delighted to see this has gotten a positive response already from the Geek in the form of a really convinced BBG admin playtester, I hope this is a turning point for Twilight Creations reputation on the Geek.

Scott's a great guy and went into the game with high hopes, and he wasn't disappointed even after he tried to heal someone and was stampeded on the way.

The Jakster wrote:
Last, but not least, I have to ask, will "Killer Kerry" make an appearance in this game? laugh

I wish. Perhaps in the future if we do expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam B
United Kingdom
cheshire
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Have to say I don't like the plain brown card art. All the wonderful art there is for Deadlands, couldn't they have bought some of it and added a bit of colour.
Hope the figures are the same standard as Humans!!! figures, because they were ace. Doesn't look like there is a lot going on, but hey it's twilight creations! expansion city.
Who am I kidding-You had me at stampede!!!zombie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kerry Breitenstein
United States
Cold Sprin
Kentucky
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Dangervacuum wrote:
Have to say I don't like the plain brown card art. All the wonderful art there is for Deadlands, couldn't they have bought some of it and added a bit of colour.
Hope the figures are the same standard as Humans!!! figures, because they were ace. Doesn't look like there is a lot going on, but hey it's twilight creations! expansion city.
Who am I kidding-You had me at stampede!!!zombie

The brown cards are the events. They are made to look like an old fashion newspaper. The items were made to look like catalog pages. The gadgets are blue prints. The encounters are full color. The outfit screens are colored and absolutely beautiful. The player boards are cool looking but had to be a little more utilitarian for their use, but the tiles are nice with a great Deadlands feel. We spent a lot of money on the art. You have only seen a very small sampling. You'll be pleased.

The figures are the same standard as all of our figures, including Humans.

Oh, and there's a lot to this game. The rulebook is 20 pages, very full 20 pages.

I don't think you will be disappointed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maik Stich
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

Licensing actually costs us more since we have to pay the holder of the license a royalty

Does AEG still have the license?
I bet Mr. Zinser made you pay alot :/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anders Pedersen
Denmark
Copenhagen N.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maik_Stich wrote:
Quote:

Licensing actually costs us more since we have to pay the holder of the license a royalty

Does AEG still have the license?
I bet Mr. Zinser made you pay alot :/

Funny how people here on the geek keep referring to the CCG.
Deadlands is a RPG, made by Pinnacle Entertainment group.
AEG made the CCG under licence from PEG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Sheffield
United States
Aberdeen
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's because the CCG was amazing! Pity it was a little too niche. Perhaps the boardgame will be an overwhelming success and the CCG will rise in a Harrowed form!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Breitenstein
United States
Campbell County
Kentucky
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Kenneth,
If you think the CCG was good, you should try the RPG! Deadlands is the best RPG ever!
Todd
Twilight Creations, Inc.

kensheffield wrote:
That's because the CCG was amazing! Pity it was a little too niche. Perhaps the boardgame will be an overwhelming success and the CCG will rise in a Harrowed form!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Weber
United States
Orange
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
KerryB wrote:

The brown cards are the events. They are made to look like an old fashion newspaper. The items were made to look like catalog pages. The gadgets are blue prints.

I don't think you will be disappointed.

Bless you for the newspaper/catalog/blue prints styles. I think that might be my favorite part of the game (to date).

The only way I can be disappointed is not getting it at Indy and having to wait longer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Dude
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I happened upon this game description, and it peaked my interest. But, then I noticed that it is a Twilight Creations game, and this gave me pause. I have bought and tried a few Twilight Creations games, and every time, I have been woefully underwhelmed. It is not that they are necessarily bad games, but they are definitely not for me. I REALLY HOPE this is the one that changes my mind. The western gun fight theme intrigues me. I will cross my fingers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.