Subject: Hands up whose ordered... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Sutcliffe
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Hi guys

i have recently ordered a coppy of this game and im excited to revice it from the 10th of july.

looking to see who else have ordered this game so far and their thoughts on their purchase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Adams
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb

If I knew more about it, I might pre-order one, too
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thierry Lefranc
France
Bligny sur Ouche
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,
i have ordered a copy yesterday !
I love Talisman and i am very impatient to receive this new game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elliott Eastoe
United Kingdom
Street
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also have one on the way.

Ell.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gunther Schmidl
Austria
Linz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Me too. Looks like they'll ship on the 10th...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Silva
Italy
CARPI (MO)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello!

Ordered on July 1st.

Loving a lot TALISMAN (one of my long time favorites) and almost all the fantasy games I was unable to resist ... on the other way, as you know, resistence is futile!

Roberto

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brother J
United States
Summerville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, I am in for 1. The many hours of enjoyment Talisman has given me made this a must buy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michael leers
Germany
dortmund
flag msg tools
mbmb
yep i got one too, but i wonder if this only a hard core fan game.
talisman must have over 1000 fans. but most of them will never hear about that game or there is a new game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gunther Schmidl
Austria
Linz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
gonrhade wrote:
talisman must have over 1000 fans. but most of them will never hear about that game or there is a new game.

I can see why people are holding back if a) there's no info whatsoever and b) there's a chance it'll be professionally produced.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brother J
United States
Summerville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gschmidl wrote:
gonrhade wrote:

I can see why people are holding back if a) there's no info whatsoever and b) there's a chance it'll be professionally produced.

If it turns out to be any good, and if it does get professionally produced in the future, I will probably get that version too. Hell, I have 4 versions of Talisman right now.

I am BrotherJ and I am an addict...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aloha!
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
Meega, nala kwishta!
badge
AAGH! YOU'RE TOUCHING ME!
mbmbmbmbmb
gschmidl wrote:
gonrhade wrote:

c) $80-ish a lot to spend on a game that is, well, not pretty at all and completely unknown.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh - why not. At worst it will just lie unplayed with all the recent Talisman boxes...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aloha!
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
Meega, nala kwishta!
badge
AAGH! YOU'RE TOUCHING ME!
mbmbmbmbmb
Great Dane wrote:
Oh - why not. At worst it will just lie unplayed with all the recent Talisman boxes...
And it will only cost as much as both of those boxes combined!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Hutchings
Australia
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If it's professionally produced, wouldn't the original sets become more valuable rather than less? Much like the original 'little brown books' of Dungeons & Dragons (by the way, you want crappy art...).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cold_fuzion wrote:
And it will only cost as much as both of those boxes combined!

Both? If we're talking 4th edition, then I so far have accumulated (I am not a 'collector') 4 boxes: 1 from BI and 3 from FFG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
apeloverage wrote:
If it's professionally produced, wouldn't the original sets become more valuable rather than less?

With only 100 copies, they would lose money selling professionally produced copies at that price. I would expect a semi-professional quality - or in other words 'a good homemade production'.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michael leers
Germany
dortmund
flag msg tools
mbmb
so i got today my mal that the game is shipped, but i wonder if all 100 are out, or if there were over 100 preorders the ppl get their money back.

if you note is "This first edition of Mythgardia is strictly limited to 100 individually numbered copies, signed by Bob Harris and available exclusively from this site." so a second or main strem version could come.

so this seem a collecktors edition if you note hat the game will show in august 1st , and remember the risk black oops version that war limited an goes up to 400$

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John-Paul renno
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I think the key thing to remember here is where this game is comming from. As a die hard Talisman fan, I have the utmost respect for its creater. Taliman's reputation and successes is enough of a reason for me to sacrifice an equivalent of one night down the pub on the off-chance that the game is a success. If it flops it flops, i waste £50, but, what if it is a success?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
elimn8or wrote:
If it flops it flops, i waste £50, but, what if it is a success?

Well, I hope it won't be a success!
Because that would mean it would be reprinted and I would have to buy it again!

I would much rather have that it remain largely unknown, and that would be the owner of rare game of limited interest.

- and yes, I also reckoned that a worst case scenario would have me donating 50 quid to a designer, who probably never got paid enough for his original design.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon New
United Kingdom
Taunton
Somerset
flag msg tools
designer
Text coming soon... probably...
badge
Get tipsy and fight a farmer with Strength 3
mbmbmbmbmb
Got mine this afternoon and it's actually a much nicer production than I had initially thought looking at the original pics. I would have bought it anyway of course, but thought people might like to know. In any case I was not worried as the game is the thing, not the bling. Though actually those diamonds/jewels are quite blingy!!

I am going to give this an outing tomorrow and post something to my site. I'm quite looking forward to seeing what Bob has planned for the extras he has planned for the Mythgardia site!

As for whether success or failure is a good or bad thing...

Worst case scenario, I have spent a bit of money and got 1 of 100 copies of a game that GW should have produced if it hadn't focused on minis back along. Some money for Bob and his backers and his game gets out to a greater audience at long last.

Best case scenario sees this picked up by FFG (I wish) and republished in greater numbers, cheaper and with flashier components and more support.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Twombly
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
elimn8or wrote:
...equivalent of one night down the pub...£50...

Gordon Bennett, can I come down the pub with you, mate? They sell 'em by the pint, you know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John-Paul renno
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Quote:
Gordon Bennett, can I come down the pub with you, mate? They sell 'em by the pint, you know.

The pound isn't what it once was....

My copy just arrived: no.22 acording to the certificate. I'll get to swatting up the rules and badgering my wife into playing a dry run before i review.

Some comments on the game packaging and contents:
I'm suprised by the quality of this first print, its actually quite good. The board is a bit of a let down as it is actually paper/poster like and will need some ironing to allow the pieces to seat well; i'll probably make a photocopy which i'll cut and stick onto 4 pieces of cardboard for now. I really like the artwork on the cards... i think the cartoony/comic book simplicity of the pictures is quite refreshing. A notebook and pencils are supplied for managing character resource types througout a game. I'm sure that if the game is a success these will be replaced with corresponding token types.

Overal, first impressions are good 8:10.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gunther Schmidl
Austria
Linz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Thanks for the info Jon and John-Paul. Still hoping I'll find the delivery slip in my mailbox real soon now.

Guess it's time to boost the Pimp-My-Mythgardia industry...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Arroyo
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy was sent yesterday, so I should expect it soon I guess I'm a nut for adventure games...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Milvus
Ireland
Wicklow Town
Co. Wicklow
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I obviously arrived late to the party but the moment I picked up on it I was on the website to place an order, no questions asked! I'm another longtime Talisman fan so this was a no brainer. I was afraid I might have missed the boat but got word today that it's in the post. The new Talisman dungeon might have to wait a little longer before hitting the table
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.